1100 9 2016-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COberschneider
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I was lucky enough to go on a trip with Gore-Tex to the Lofoten islands in Norway for some ski touring and surfing. Here's a short video showing some surfing action and the beautiful landscape of the Lofoten. It's my first video done with the P4, love it so far, but there's still lots of learning ahead!

2016-6-4
Use props
tfeis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 911647 ft

This came out very good with some amazing shots! You are definitely going to make some amazing videos. One thing i would suggest is to change the gimbal speed in the app settings so when you move it its not as sharp of a stop. However it is a great video dude and look forward to you posting more.
2016-6-4
Use props
desertstormarti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 710587 ft
United States

I'm curious how the active track does chasing surfers.
2016-6-4
Use props
bengalboy69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really liked the video!  Beautiful Landscape & Imagery!
2016-6-4
Use props
COberschneider
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

Thanks all for your kind words. I'll have a look at the gimbal speed settings, thanks for the advice!
I wanted to use the active track feature to chase the surfers, but soon realized that it was pointless - there were just too many of them...
2016-6-5
Use props
KsKGio
lvl.2

Italy

Great video! Well done
Quick question... 0.25 how do you achieve that effect?

Thanks
2016-6-6
Use props
COberschneider
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

KsKGio Posted at 2016-6-6 14:29
Great video! Well done
Quick question... 0.25 how do you achieve that effect?

Thanks! At 0:25, I was just flying towards the mountain, then there's a sharp cut, and I'm flying backwards again. Or did you refer to some other effect?
2016-6-7
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Is it cold surfing there?

Also, I've head the compass won't function in Arctic circle, so no Phantom flying?
2016-6-7
Use props
COberschneider
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-7 14:00
Is it cold surfing there?

Also, I've head the compass won't function in Arctic circle, so no Phanto ...

Oh yes it's cold, water temperature was about 4-6° C. The surfers use thick wetsuits, so that only the face is exposed to the water. I guess it's still not too comfortable. I was offered to go surfing, too, but I had to fly the phantom (best excuse ever!).
Regarding the compass: That was absolutely no problem. To be honest, I didn't even think of that...still it's good to know for the next time! The only problem was that the batteries were too cold, and I was constantly getting a warning message. I hovered for 30 secs to make sure the P4 didn't crash due to the low temperature warning, and then continued flying, though I was a bit nervous to be honest.
2016-6-7
Use props
COberschneider
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

...I took some pics, too:

DJI_0111.jpg DJI_0120.jpg

Love the bird's eye perspective for scenes like this!

2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules