Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavs88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well...

I did install the latest DJI GO app (v. 2.8.3) on my iPad Pro 9,7" running iOS 9.3.2, which I rebooted after the installation of v2.8.3.

I installed the latest firmware on my Phantom 4 (v.1.1.410) using the latest DJI GO app with the neccessary patience (I do often read, that firmware fails... I think it's the patience of the user failing at times...)... as I have more Batteries I inserted then and got the message that they had to be updated to the latest firmware. This too went well... Indeed no more strange gimbalsound when this is initiated... no more squeek! Well is does squeek at the end of the IMU-calibration though...

So I turned all equipment off... looked for a nice straight place, booted my iPad Pro, started the App and then the Phantom 4... after that I went to the IMU calibration process and of course before calibrating the compass I re-booted the Phantom. After calibrating everything I booted the Phantom, checked all settings (it is know and I think normal... that some settings change) then grabbed my equipment for a testflight.

The results:

1. perfect flight
2. no more problems with the video (MP4)
3. the altitude problem also did not shop anymore
4. a crisp video and sharp pictures (JPG+DNG)
5. a happy owner.

more than these 5 cents I don't have... I think this is the first combination of drone+app+firmware that seem (!) to work flawlessly... in my case...

so now I am looking for your 5 cents... maybe I overlooked something

Happy flying!
Mr. and Mrs. DJI... please do not change too much now or test it well before publishing... then I might buy Phantom SE in a few. Thank you!

Regards,

Max
2016-6-4
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So far I'm loving it , stable craft.

The range issue has been sorted for me . Did 4029m today without issue .

Happy man
2016-6-4
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft
United Kingdom

You guys not getting live feed blur problem?
2016-6-4
Use props
lpfreeking976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

Same here, Happy PhanBoy for me.  I had no known issues except new operator learning curve, and have none after all updates.   Posted elsewhere, I could see how the  first time through update process and calibrating could be intimidating and lead to errors from over thinking.  After waiting a few days to read others comments and watching tutorials I was good.
   Flying yesterday in all modes, I had no issues.  Possible tilt horizon is not present to my viewpoint below 100ft,  above that possible tilt appears to be  repeatable in certain quadrants and appears to be tilted terrain not gimble.
   I did chance a problem yesterday, trying Atti for the first time in a gentle breeze, I was very amazed at the stability especially at low levels.   I was going for my regular precision landing in manual on the end of a parking  stripe.   Standing about 4ft away with the blades just below waist level, every time I backed up a little far,  I kept reminding myself You are being really stupid with this, but couldn't seem to stop until landed perfectly  on the spot.
2016-6-4
Use props
anders_alergard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 708264 ft
Sweden

coolbeans Posted at 2016-6-4 22:07

I do...
2016-6-4
Use props
anders_alergard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 708264 ft
Sweden

coolbeans Posted at 2016-6-4 22:07

I do...
2016-6-4
Use props
lpfreeking976
lvl.2

I haven't noticed any issues.  Occasional bars of various colors.   I am on android 2.8.1, on Galaxy TabS.  I also have generally stayed less than 100ft distance.

2016-6-4
Use props
lpfreeking976
lvl.2

I meant to type 1000ft, could not find how to edit post?
2016-6-4
Use props
cnenow
New

United States

After the update im having trouble with live video feed blur also. I was demonstrating the phantom to a large group of friends (did the update and calibrations earlier that day) and during the test flight noted a really blurry pic. I had an ND filter on so i replaced with stock and this did help some but was still overall quite blurry. Any ideas?  I went into video sertings and this is still set to "auto" per my usual flight settings. Do you think this would have anything to do with the fact i had an ND filter on during the update?  Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
2016-6-5
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I think it is a d-log setting issue, based upon the other comments here.
Try the "None" setting.
The ND filter should not be the cause.

I guess your demonstration was not a 100% success?

2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules