Battery Updates
1168 11 2016-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
My Flying Eye
lvl.2

1/   I have just upgraded the firmware on my P4 and also updated the DJI Go App.  The firmware on the P4 hung and failed to go past 99% but after a restart it confirmed that it was complete, is this ok and normal?

2/   I have three batteries and two of them displayed the need to upgrade in the app and the third shows nothing.  Can I assume that as this was the battery in the P4 at the time of the firmware upgrade that it was upgraded at the same time?

3/   Finally as Ive not flown yet since theses upgrades, is there anything alse I need to be aware of prior to my first flights since upgrading?

Look forward to your replies, thanks.
2016-6-4
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Take a look at the text file on your SD card, this will tell you if your update was a success and leave the firmware on it when you insert the batteries, they will be updated. After FW update you may want to do an IMU calibration.
2016-6-5
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.2
United Kingdom

markaguille Posted at 2016-6-5 16:02
Take a look at the text file on your SD card, this will tell you if your update was a success and le ...

Just checked my SD card and there are no files on it.
2016-6-5
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I was planning to upgrade but I will now wait.  It seems like the 99% hang
is very common.  And I have multiple batteries too.

I know the P3 writes on the sd card; does the P4 also do the same? (I was planning to use the GJI assistant on a win pc)

If yes, maybe it has to be formatted?
<!=====DJI HELP REQUEST=====>
DJI Ken or DJI Support Help:
Please offer some suggestions how to avoid the 99% hang up?  and how to proceed when
using multiple batteries.

2016-6-5
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.2

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-6-5 21:41
I was planning to upgrade but I will now wait.  It seems like the 99% hang
is very common.  And I ha ...

Thanks for the reply.  I really don't know if the P4 writes to SD card or not.

Any light shed on this by a DJI rep or an experienced user would be helpful.

As far as the 99% hang is concerned,  When I first got the P4 it did the same then but it has always performed ok, so can we assume that as long as it states complete after all is turned off and on again that it's good to go?
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello My Flying Eye:
1. Which P4 firmware version do you upgrade? Do you upgrade it via DJI GO app or DJI Assistant 2? Screenshot and log file are necessary.
2. For example if you have 3 batteries named A, B and C. When you use A to upgrade the drone, it will be upgraded at the same time.
3. It is recommended to calibrate the IMU after a fw upgrade.
2016-6-5
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.2

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-6 12:24
Hello My Flying Eye:
1. Which P4 firmware version do you upgrade? Do you upgrade it via DJI GO app o ...

Hello Paladin,

Thanks for the reply.

I have upgraded to the latest version via the DJI Go App.
You have explained the batterie upgrade process which has answered my question on the batteries, all good there.

I did calibrate the IMU immediately after the upgrade.

Can you please explain where I get the log file from?

Thanks.
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

My Flying Eye Posted at 2016-6-7 02:06
Hello Paladin,

Thanks for the reply.

The upgrade LOG file of P4 is totally different from the P3's. But you can easily get the result from the DJI Go  app or DJI Assistant 2.Here is the video tutorial for you :
2016-6-6
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.2

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-7 10:01
The upgrade LOG file of P4 is totally different from the P3's. But you can easily get the result f ...

Thank you for the video file.

I have just done the latest firmware upgrade 1.1.411 which went all the way through with no issues, does this mean all is ok now?
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

My Flying Eye Posted at 2016-6-8 05:34
Thank you for the video file.

I have just done the latest firmware upgrade 1.1.411 which went all ...

If you get a result of "success" from the DJI GO app or DJI Assistant 2, it means everything is ok now.
2016-6-7
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

South Korea

1. It is very common, once the progress pass 92%, it means the upgrade is finished.

2.Not every firmware package contains an upgrade for your battery, if it does, it will prompt you to update your battery FW in the DJI GO.

3.Caliber everything. Some people have new issues when a new FW is flashed, you can try it out and see if it works, before you execute an important flying mission.
2016-6-7
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I completed the FW update and went for a test flight yesterday, did all the calibrations beforehand, and completed several successful test flights using DJI Go and Litchi. Mine still has a slight altitude drop when stopping but it appears to now only be around 3 feet. I need to do another check, but on occasion mine appeared to slightly climb as it was stopping before settling the 3 foot back to it original hight. Everything else was fine.
2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules