Really Crooked Horizon Even After IMU and Gimbal Calibration
1020 10 2016-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

I've only had the P4 a few days and noticed the horizon was crooked.  Went online and found where they recommended placing the P4 on a level surface and running the IMU and then Gimbal Calibration.  I just looked at some short footage and it's worse than before.  See Screenshot.  Running latest firmware.

The below screenshot was taken while ascending.  I noticed when I rotated the P4, the horizon would straighten up and then as I kept turning it would go crooked again.  I'm guessing the IMU is not calibrated properly.  How do I fix this issue?

Horizon1.jpg
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Youthman, please try to reflash the latest P4 firmware 1.1.41 and then calibrate the IMU and gimbal when the drone is cooled down.Feel free to post any result here.
2016-6-6
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Hi Paladin, I'm not seeing where to update the firmware.
2016-6-6
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Ok, so I connected the iPad to the P4 and held the hat icon in the top right of the DJI Go App for 10 seconds and when I let go it says,

Product: Phantom 4
Current Version: 01.01.0410
Get Firmware Version Faled
Select Firmware Version: None
2016-6-6
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

After calibrating the IMU  See screenshot

Here are 4 photos I took after calibrating IMU, Compass, Upgrading Firmware.....all 4 photos are crooked.

2016-6-8
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

These were taken while just hovering, not flying forward or turning.
2016-6-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Youthman Posted at 2016-6-8 21:48
These were taken while just hovering, not flying forward or turning.

Try update using DJI Assistant 2 to 1.1.411 which is latest version, that may help.
2016-6-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your gimbal is set to 'follow' and not 'FPV' is it ? This is also switchable by default using the 'C2' button on the controller, easy to push accidentally.
2016-6-8
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

I had not set the C1 and C2 to anything.  I just looked and the Gimbal is set to "Follow".  The horizon sometimes is straight and then I'll start rotating and it will get crooked.  Similar to if an old Vinyl Record was warped, the horizon would curve up and then down, up and then down....like a wave.
2016-6-8
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

I just downloaded the current version of Assistant 2 and re-calibrated and took it up for a quick night flight.  It didn't let me take a photo so I'll have to wait until the morning.  Still seemed like the horizon was crooked though.
2016-6-8
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Wow....I just realized why it wouldn't let me take a picture.....the SD card was in my card reader instead of the aircraft.  LOL
2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules