Update 01.0411 available ...
1756 36 2016-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsagoodalife
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402467 ft
United Kingdom

Fix for blurry video out via yet another update , installing now hopefully will do the job .....
2016-6-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well spotted.......Hopefully there will be no new problems introduced.
2016-6-6
Use props
itsagoodalife
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402467 ft

Well it's in , (note : I had to have controller switched on to let me update after several failed attempts with Dji assistant on Mac and iPad) video looks good no blur , gimble looks good and straight , could this be the dream set up we have been so patiently waiting for ??? calibrations next then out for test flight , wish me luck ...
2016-6-6
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Just about time. Good luck!!!
2016-6-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Works well, enjoy the flying
2016-6-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And ready for testing
2016-6-6
Use props
J.N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102333 ft
France

Thanks DJI, fast to solve the problem. Great job.
2016-6-6
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hate to be "That Guy", but I will wait to hear from everyone as to how this update flies.  I have now crashed my drone once because of a programming problem, almost crashed two other times because of an altitude-holding problem, I have hours of footage that is at an angle because of a gimbal problem, I have had to walk away from a paid gig because of a transmission problem, had a failed paid gig because of a blurry video problem...

I'll wait for now.... {:4_157:}
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-7 03:42
I hate to be "That Guy", but I will wait to hear from everyone as to how this update flies.  I have  ...

Sorry for your crash, how did it crash from a programming problem?
And how did it almost crash because of an altitude problem?
And why would you have hours of angled footage, you didn't send the aircraft in as soon as it happened?
And what transmission problem did you have.
And if you are using your aircraft for paid gigs, you have others for backup correct?
2016-6-6
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-6 15:47
Sorry for your crash, how did it crash from a programming problem?
And how did it almost crash beca ...

Hi KEN,.... heh... all good questions.
-- Crashed because of the (now)  documented issue of the drone abruptly initiating what appeared to be a failsafe RTH landing within 65 feet of home base when the battery hit 30% power.  I was hovering about 15 feet off the ground, got a notice that battery power (at 30%) was low and it will now initiate landing as it suddenly descended and I couldn't react quickly enough to stop it from dropping into a small tree.
--Almost crashed twice because my drone will drop by as much as 15 feet or so after coming to a stop.  Well documented issue.  Clearly I am not giving myself enough room for error which is my bad... but the drone shouldn't drop after coming to a stop either.
--Angled footage because everyone was complaining about a gimbal issue after a firmware update (including me).  Didn't seem like a hardware issue, we all thought it would get squared away with a firmware fix.
--The well documented transmission problem after the 2.8.2 update.
--No backup drone yet.  Just started making money off this one, and in my very first paid gig, most of the video is blurry.  I did some testing prior to the shoot, but I simply didn't know that the recorded footage was blurry, we all believed that this was a transmission error that made the image appear blurred... not a recorded issue.
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-7 03:57
Hi KEN,.... heh... all good questions.
-- Crashed because of the (now)  documented issue of the dro ...

Sorry about that, when you get a low battery warning (adjustable from the app) and anything else that triggers a RTH and your inside that radius then it's going to land right where it is. BUT it's controllable and you can give it throttle so it doesn't land and cancel the RTH.
And the blurry video  (prior to the last update) was fixed by switching the color to none.
Again, sorry for your crash.
2016-6-6
Use props
anders_alergard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 708264 ft
Sweden

Never got a notification to upgrade my second battery in the DJI go app with this firmware. Is that not necessary for this update?
2016-6-6
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

anders_alergard Posted at 2016-6-7 05:33
Never got a notification to upgrade my second battery in the DJI go app with this firmware. Is that  ...

Yup, no battery update for me too, none at all. Is this normal, DJI?

Thanks for the quick fix though. Let's expect some good results comin up
2016-6-6
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1861201 ft
  • >>>
United States

HI guys ,  i did the new F.W. upgrade and IMU and GIMBAL calibrations.. went out to test it out and the colors look good i mostly use vivid , but all my video's i just shot... 2 at 1080p 30 / 120fps
and one at 4K 4096x2160 ...  and it appears to still be blurry..... what now ??    DJI-KEN ??

side note ,  the live feed looked good on my IPAD PRO 9.7  but again the captured video is still burry ???
2016-6-6
Use props
RimG
New

Denmark

2thumbsup@front Posted at 2016-6-7 05:05
HI guys ,  i did the new F.W. upgrade and IMU and GIMBAL calibrations.. went out to test it out and  ...

Did you upgrade to 1.1.410 or 1.1.411?
I had blurry video with *10 but *11 seems fine. Havent tested in daylight outside yet.
2016-6-6
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-6 18:07
Sorry about that, when you get a low battery warning (adjustable from the app) and anything else t ...

Hi Ken...  Thanks for the replies... Question....

WHY if the drone is within 65 feet of home when the battery hits 30%, will the drone abruptly do a controlled drop out of the sky?  If the drone is more than 65 feet from home it doesn't initiate a RTH at 30%.  This makes no sense to me at all and I would LOVE to know the reasoning for the abrupt descent when so close to home.
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-7 21:25
Hi Ken...  Thanks for the replies... Question....

WHY if the drone is within 65 feet of home when ...

The low battery RTH is not a abrupt descent, if you are seeing that then please get a video of it.
And what are your low battery settings at?
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

2thumbsup@front Posted at 2016-6-7 11:05
HI guys ,  i did the new F.W. upgrade and IMU and GIMBAL calibrations.. went out to test it out and  ...

Can you try another device and see if the app playback video is still blurry.
2016-6-7
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-7 07:22
Can you try another device and see if the app playback video is still blurry.

HI Ken,
bought it new... took it out of the box and expected to have to update.. but NO.. it was already at 1.1.410.
and test flew it that way.. and thats when i noticed the blurriness..  then i did the upgrade to 1.1.411   the color options got fixed.. which i mostly use Vivid ..  the "live feed" to my ipad pro looks good again  not blurry.. but the video's i shoot are still blurry..at all resolutions i might add..  I just tried a new micro sd card in it.. and that made no difference.... and yes.. i tried with my ipad mini2 as well as my samsung galaxy s5..
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

2thumbsup@front Posted at 2016-6-8 09:40
HI Ken,
bought it new... took it out of the box and expected to have to update.. but NO.. it was  ...

OK, I thought it was only the playback from the app was blurry.
If you have blurry video on the SD card, please post a link to a quick clip and I'll forward it on.
You did remove the protective plastic film right
2016-6-7
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-7 20:25
If you have blurry video on the SD ...

yes sir.. clear film is removed
2016-6-8
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2thumbsup@front Posted at 2016-6-8 18:01
yes sir.. clear film is removed

as a side note.. i have a friend that has a P4  and I will met up with him this weekend to shoot some video at his house and compare it to his on his computer..
2016-6-8
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-7 20:25
If you have blurry video on the SD ...

here you go DJI-KEN , here is some P4 video at 4K   
it looks like crud...  
i love the way my P3P shoots..  even just in 1080   here is a link for that...
2016-6-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

2thumbsup@front Posted at 2016-6-9 11:31
here you go DJI-KEN , here is some P4 video at 4K    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xftbxxT5zIU
i ...

If everything is updated and you've tried all different colors and resolutions and it still looks like that then please call 818-235-0789 in the morning (7am PST) and have it sent in and repaired. There is something wrong with your camera.
2016-6-8
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-8 21:29
If everything is updated and you've tried all different colors and resolutions and it still looks  ...

Will do , thanks KEN...  Do I need to reference you and tell them that you told me to call
2016-6-8
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2thumbsup@front Posted at 2016-6-9 13:57
Will do , thanks KEN...  Do I need to reference you and tell them that you told me to call

Contacted this morning and a ticket was issued still waiting on the RMA
2016-6-9
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So Ken.... what is the logic of the drone automatically landing in place when the battery hits 30% and the drone is within 65 feet of home?  I keep asking this question and no-one from DJI is answering...

Thanks,
Matt
2016-6-9
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-10 03:01
So Ken.... what is the logic of the drone automatically landing in place when the battery hits 30% a ...

Yup, this is dangerous if there are obstacles within the 65ft radius, like water. Must find a wetsuit for the bird.
2016-6-9
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-9 16:01
So Ken.... what is the logic of the drone automatically landing in place when the battery hits 30% a ...

I can't speak for the DJI Moderatots but it seems logical to me.   

It spells out in the manual what RTH does when you reach Low Battery Level, both outside and inside 20 meters of the home point.  You also have 10 seconds after the battery reaches Low Battery Level to cancel the auto RTH, as well as being able to set Low Battery Level to as low as 15%.  Only at Critical Battery Level is the decision taken out of your hands.

RTH is a programmed part of the P4 so let's say you have your RTH altitude set to 200 feet.  If you have your low battery level warning set to 30 % and the copter is within a short distance......let's say 20 meters or less as the manual says.......one would assume , maybe erroneously, that the P4 is probably close in both vertical and horizontal distance.  At 20 meters away from you/your home point, it would seem illogical to me to have the RTH kick in and proceed to elevate your P4 to 200 feet......move 60 feet to the home point and then decend to land.   
Plus a lot of times if you are within 60 feet of the home point you might be under some trees or overhang  taking a close up pic.  If the RTH kicked in and went to RTH altitude you would be in a very precarious situation.
Just my opinion.

Good Luck!
2016-6-9
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-8 21:29
If everything is updated and you've tried all different colors and resolutions and it still looks  ...

DJI-KEN , i have the form to fill out and send in and i have the RMA#   but.. i only have a shipping list that came with my package..I bought it off of Amazon.com  the instructions say to include a sales receipt .. but all i was giving was this packing list.. here is a picture of it...will this work ?
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_0738.JPG
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-10 04:01

If within 65ft and a RTH function is activated it auto lands right there. It's been like that forever and that's the way DJI programmed it to do.
They are the developers, so they did it that way for a reason.
And if your within 65ft, I don't see any reason that a RTH would even be triggered. And if it does you can always cancel it.
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Tmygun Posted at 2016-6-10 06:26
I can't speak for the DJI Moderatots but it seems logical to me.   

It spells out in the manual w ...

Good opinion indeed.
2016-6-9
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2thumbsup@front Posted at 2016-6-10 09:02
DJI-KEN , i have the form to fill out and send in and i have the RMA#   but.. i only have a shippi ...

Dji-ken?
2016-6-10
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-9 22:28
If within 65ft and a RTH function is activated it auto lands right there. It's been like that fore ...

Hi Ken and others, thanks for the reply... but I'm still not getting the answer.  I understand that the manual says this, I understand that the drone does this, but I DON'T understand WHY DJI thinks this is the logical behavior....

1) if the drone is WITHIN 65 feet of home when the battery hits 30%... the drone immediately lands... no timer, no warning, just descends.

2) if the drone is OUTSIDE of 65 feet when the battery hits 30%... the drone does nothing except let you fly for another 20% until the 10% low battery limit hits.

WHY would it just abruptly land within 65 feet of home, vs letting me fly for another 20% of the battery life if the drone way WAY away from home?
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-11 02:55
Hi Ken and others, thanks for the reply... but I'm still not getting the answer.  I understand tha ...

I understand now, that should not be happening. I will go test it now and will let you know.You have the RTH set to RTH and not land correct. Regardless, at 30% and within 65ft you should be free to still fly if your low battery is set to 10%
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-11 02:55
Hi Ken and others, thanks for the reply... but I'm still not getting the answer.  I understand tha ...

OK, I just went and tested and I get the same results as I've always gotten on with this firmware update and all the others as well.

I have my low battery letting to 20% and critical low battery to 10%.
When the battery hits 30% and I'm within 65ft nothing happens at all.
At 20% I get a warning, when it hits 15% I get a RTH warning but you can easily cancel it.
At 10% it goes into auto land but you still can give it throttle and keep it in the air.
So, if this is not what you are experiencing on this firmware and you have the low/critical set below the 30% then something is wrong with your aircraft or possibly app. Try to delete/reinstall the app (after syncing flight records) and if it still acts like that then you need to send it in.
2016-6-10
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI-Ken.... agreed, this is no longer occurring.  It happened with an earlier combination of iOS / DJI Firmware / RC Update.  Does not seem to happen anymore with the latest versions.   thanks for taking a look at this.

Matt
2016-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules