How Do I Reflash the Firmware
4613 20 2016-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

I'm having very crooked horizon issues and was advised to reflash the firmware but am not seeing how to do this or where I can download the firmware manually.

When I connect the iPad to the P4 and hold the hat icon in the top  right of the DJI Go App for 10 seconds and when I let go it says,

Product: Phantom 4
Current Version: 01.01.0410
Get Firmware Version Faled
Select Firmware Version: None

2016-6-6
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Go to the DJI Phantom 4 page.   Scroll down to the bottom where the downloads are.   Download DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.4 and install it on your home computer.

That program will allow you to download and install the latest firmware using a USB cable between your computer and the craft.
2016-6-6
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Thank you.  I will try it when I get home from work.
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Youthman, it would be easier to reflash the firmware by using the DJI Assistant 2.
2016-6-6
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

I'm downloading the software now.  Will post results.
2016-6-7
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Ok, I installed the software, plugged in the P4 to my computer via USB and powered it up but nothing is happening.  
2016-6-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did it install the USB drivers associated with Assistant 2 ? If not then try re-installing, if so then try rebooting computer. Also try repowering aircraft and wait for flashing yellow status indicator lights (the rear LEDs) before starting Assistant 2.
2016-6-7
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Ok, the "Phantom 4" showed up in the software and I clicked on it and it began to install the firmware in the P4.  After it finished installing, it said to restart the P4.  After restarting it, it said, "Lost Connection, Ensure flight controller is connected to your computer".  So I disconnected the USB from the P4 and plugged it into the Controller but nothing happens.  Not sure what to do from here.
2016-6-7
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Yes, it installed the USB drivers.  I shut down the P4 and closed DJI Assistant and turned back on the P4.  Then I opened DJI Assistant and it shows the P4 so I click on it.  

It says that I have the current Firmware installed 01.01.0411

Do I need to update the controller somehow?
2016-6-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try connecting RC to a wifi enabled display device. Powere up RC, power up aircraft and wait for it to initialise. LED on controller should turn green. then connect display device and open up DJI GO (2.8.3). It may prompt you to update the RC via the wifi if needed. If so then update controller. Once done reboot all...RC , then aircraft, then run DJI GO.
2016-6-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Controller needs to update to V1.6 (controller firmware latest).
2016-6-7
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

In the DJI Go App, it says

App Version 2.8.3
Aircraft Version 01.01.0411
Remote Controller Version 1.6.0

So it looks like I'm updated.
2016-6-7
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Headed outside to do a quick test. Will calibrate my compass while I'm outside.  Will report back in a few minutes.  Thank you for your help.
2016-6-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Youthman Posted at 2016-6-7 23:45
Headed outside to do a quick test. Will calibrate my compass while I'm outside.  Will report back in ...

Remember to calibrate Sensors (in assistant 2), IMU, Gimbal, RC & Compass
2016-6-7
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

I did the sensor calibration in the Assistant 2 and Compass outside but did not re-calibrate IMU or Gimbal before flying.  Images were still crooked.  I brought it back inside and will calibrate IMU and Gimbal again.
2016-6-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When calibrated adjust horizon level by holding 'C2' button (rear right on controller) operated and use right hand wheel to adjust. For me it seemed to hold horizon well after this.
2016-6-7
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

I just calibrated the IMU.

IMU1 is 0.000
IMU2 is 0.001
Gyroscope Bias is 0.003 and 0.000
2016-6-7
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Do I need to go outside to calibrate the compass?
2016-6-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably best, less chance of interference, and don't hold controller next to aircraft.
2016-6-7
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately I wasn't able to test it before I had to take my daughter to practice.  I'll take a flight in the morning.

As a side note, am I supposed to be receiving email notifications when someone replies to a thread I start?  If so, I'm not.
2016-6-7
Use props
Youthman
lvl.1

United States

Here was a photo I took tonight (before calibrating the IMU).  Hopefully calibrating the IMU will fix it.

2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules