DJI Returns/replacements
1384 14 2016-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just wondering, as DJI has bases within EU including service centres, are they not required to follow EU sales regulations?

Long story short, I had my Phantom 4 for 3 weeks, flew it for 4-5 times total till it decided to fall out of the sky. Not my fault and DJI have seen my records and also the video of the flight/drop.

I started a return but asked if I could have a replacement or refund as I am not keen on having something I bought new repaired after just 3 weeks of ownership, DJI Neatherlands point blank refused saying they will only repair the unit and have it collected for free and if I want that or not.

If your products are showing faults after such a short period of time, the consumer should have the right to an exchange for a new unit, not have something that has smashed to bits repaired.
2016-6-6
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

For those outside the EU, the EU sales of goods act states a faulty product has to be replaced or refunded if under 30 days old.

I did buy directly from DJI along with DJI care paying with PayPal.
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello matabbirali, here is our refund and replacement policy: 退换货政策1.JPG
退换货政策2.JPG
If you want to learn more about our after-sales policy, please read it here: http://www.dji.com/service

2016-6-7
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

I feel your pain matabbirali, but the warranty practice of repair rather than replace is a fairly common practice when it comes to just about all products.
2016-6-7
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Not in the EU Rex59

In the EU we have the sales of goods act, which online dealers have to abide.

If a product becomes faulty within 30 days of purchase, the seller is legally required to replace the unit or refund if requested.
2016-6-8
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin

As DJI EU bases, are you saying DJI are not required to follow EU sales regulations.
2016-6-8
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin

On 2:H and 4:I it states "the date of activation exceeds 30 days after the date of delivery" could you tell me what exactly this means as its not very clear.
2016-6-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

Matabbiriali, have you sent your unit to the NL Service Center?  If not, how can DJI analyze the Flight Data Logs.  That will determine what caused the crash.  To state we should replace your craft without determining the cause of the crash is not reasonable.  
2016-6-9
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have sent the craft, have copies of the flight logs, video from the P4 and a video of the flight.

I am not asking you to replace the crash without determining the cause of the crash, I have uploaded the flight logs, send the video and one of your admins has already seen them also and agreed he sees what I have said on them.

RTH initiated then nothing else touched, P4 flies to set altitude, flies back to home point then just drops out of the sky, only stick movement you will see from me at this point is left stick up when I see it falling.

What I am stating is, if your craft has developed a fault only few weeks and few flights in to a new purchase, then this item should be replaced, someone should not have to get a repaired unit back soon so after having just purchased it.

2016-6-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>

Can you provide us with your ticket number?
2016-6-13
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sure

CAS-166116-V4C3V0
2016-6-16
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

According to the tracking it was delivered early this week although tracking has not updated to received
2016-6-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If it was received it is now in the work flow.
2016-6-17
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So what did you need the ticket number for can I ask.
2016-6-17
Use props
AlexChok
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2615007 ft
Netherlands

Привет.
У меня одного разваливается пульт внутри и корпус дрона???
ВСЕ наплавления пластика внутри  куда ввинчиваются винтики(саморезы) отваливаются. Как в случае западания внутрь кнопки RTH и стиков только вообще ВСЕ крепежные места.
На корпусе лучей дрона около винтов появились трещины, разобрав корпус увидел что и здесь места крепления отваливаются.
Производитель не расчитал состав пластика и теперь отказывается от гарантии на свой продукт!

Я заказал экспертизу пластика, по результатам которой буду обращаться в суд.
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules