876 3 2016-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sellenbueren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 465833 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I am currently working on several documentaries using the Osmo with the X5. I love it but there are some improvements I suggest to make it an even better tool to all cinematographers

Hardware

- If using the balancing ring on Olympus lenses the filter thread of the lens is used. No possibility to use filters as intented. I attach them to the lens with gaffa. Not very elegant
- DJI Focus wireless to Osmo

DJI Go APP

- Fan off during recording
- It would be great to have a freely positioning and customizing rectangle with a magnified part of the frame to foucs in manual and auto focus mode (focus assist) when you shoot videos
- In manual and auto focus mode the distance set on the lens should visible in big figures (meters and/or feet) on screen. Big wish!!
- Auto focus with face recognition and tracking
- Programmable focus points
- Possibility to fix panning axis (when shooting in cars it would keep the person in frame even if you have sharp bends) Osmo X5 is a great tool to shoot in cars!

It would be great to see some of these suggestions!

2016-6-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Firstly, I'd like to say, in the latest firmware v1.1.0.10, go to the Camera->AF/MF Assistant Focus, by toggling on the AF/MF Assistant Focus, a zoomed in image of the focused area will appear on the screen to help the users to adjust the focus.
Your the other suggestions will be conveyed to our R&D department for review.

Any other feedback or advice would be appreciated.
2016-6-11
Use props
Catchup
lvl.1
Switzerland

Please fix the auto exposure flicker, jump problem. In auto exposure the aperture changes should change smooth and flicker free!
2016-6-13
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

I would like the AELock button to have a bigger hit area so it's easier to hit
2016-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules