2016-6-9
Use props
johnlynas666
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-10 05:30
What is the story of the tower?

Hi,

The Chaine Memorial Tower in Larne, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, is a memorial to James Chaine, a former Member of Parliament for Antrim, who died in 1885. It is a cylindrical stone tower lighthouse with a conical roof, situated on the west side of entrance to Larne Lough.

Chaine developed Larne's short sea route to Scotland as well as establishing the town as a transatlantic port. The memorial, built in 1888, by public subscription, is a replica of an Irish round tower. The memorial is situated at the mouth of Larne harbour, and is reached via Chaine Memorial Road

After a request from Mariners the tower was converted into a lighthouse by the Commissioners of Irish Lights in March 1899 and has stood like a sentinel over the Lough for well over a hundred years.

Its a good spot for practicing photography or flying drones. The tower is a good POI to fly around to capture the surrounding area. You can also fly relatively close to it , in this case the closest I was flying at was  7m above the towers 28m height. The area is also very windy so its a good test of a drones stability in flight. If I was flying my phantom 2, I would have flown higher to avoid accidents. Based on the experience of making this video  I have a high level of confidence in the P4s ability for stable flight in windy environments.
2016-6-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

johnlynas666 Posted at 2016-6-11 16:27
Hi,

The Chaine Memorial Tower in Larne, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, is a memorial to James C ...

Thank you, very interesting.
2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules