1400 6 2016-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Guys and Gals, I need a bit of help here. I had some pretty severe jello or vibration in my video
I am flying a DJI S900, A2 and a HDAIR InfinityMR gimbal. Sony a7r2 camera and sony 28mm lens

Gimbal works great on the ground when holding the craft, can shake it around a bit and get stable footage with no vibration

In the Air it looks fine from the ground and cant really see any shake in the cam but the video feed has a jello / vibration running through it and this is not helping with stills as the images are never quite crisp.

I have added a Kopterworx plate to the top of the s900
New props all balanced
New part 35 for the s900 (new motor dampers)
Glued the rod betweend the retracts with epoxy
checked all screws
flying with gains as DJI specify at 120 120 120 and 220 220 120

As I said the hexa is now very solid and looks smooth in the air but the video feed is unacceptable.

I was wondering if it has something to do with the gimbal having dampers but this set up doesnt allow me to remove them, so I have dampers on the s900 and dampers on the Infinity MR.
Also the camera has inbuilt 5 axis stabilisation and im not sure if this is making the jello.
I understand the shutterspeed should be roughly double the frame rate to get good motion blur and reduce the jello, this doesnt help, the vibration is too much.
Still testing different gains and camera settings but any help or advice would be great.

2016-6-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

I would try to reduce your gains.  Understand that you have a lot of non-DJI equipment on the craft and it is not what we can support.  Have you talked to the gimbal manufacture for their suggestions.
2016-6-9
Use props
info
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have and they have had great success with s900's. I did pull all the gains down to 100 and the video was a lot less shaky but you could still see very small micro vibration which made the footage look like it went in and out of focus.
I know you cant give too much supports seeing as I am not using a zenmuse but would pulling the gains down to 90 be unsafe for the s900, I desperately need to get stable footage from this as I have spent soooo much money on this rig now.
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

info@skyris.com Posted at 2016-6-11 10:47
I have and they have had great success with s900's. I did pull all the gains down to 100 and the vid ...

Are you able to replace the dampeners on your gimbal?
2016-6-16
Use props
michael
lvl.1
Flight distance : 532523 ft
Belgium

Hello,

For the A7 series you have to work with a good shutter ratio. Exemple: frames per second = 25 then you have to put the shutter to 1/50.

And the yellow will be gone.

Best regards
2016-6-16
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks, but i think its more than jello. Its effecting my still photography also and not holding the camera still. I can see slight blur in the edges at 100% which is not great for my clients. Ill keep working at it.
2016-6-25
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-17 14:01
Are you able to replace the dampeners on your gimbal?

I am asking the company that has built the gimbal to build a bracket for me to mount direct to the s900 but I cant take the dampers off the gimbal unfortunately.
2016-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules