Gimbal wheel not controlling gimbal properly
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rabidman
lvl.1

United States

I recently bought a phantom 3 pro camera from a friend to put on my p3a. I plugged it in and turned on the phantom, the gimbal did its gimbal dance, I saw video and i could record in 4k. The only problem was the gimbal control wheel wouldnt work when i held it all the way down, the gimbal stayed still, and when held all the way up the gimbal moves much slower than when I have it held down. I have tried recalibrating the rc, updating the firmware and, changing thr gimbal controll settings. Is it possible that I need to replace the gimbal wheel on the RC?
2016-6-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did it work before you changed cameras ?

Or test controller by linking it to friends aircraft.
2016-6-9
Use props
Rabidman
lvl.1

United States

thanks for your response but today I updated the firmware again just to try it and this time it fixed it... so wish I knew what the problem was but it works now so i'm happy.
2016-6-9
Use props
amrunner4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87188 ft
United States

Rabidman Posted at 2016-6-9 13:21
thanks for your response but today I updated the firmware again just to try it and this time it fixe ...

Possibly needs calibrating, just like calibrating the sticks.  Go into controller clibration and remember to roll the gimbal wheel back and forth to its limits, as well as the sticks.

See this similar thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-54834-1-1.html
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rabidman Posted at 2016-6-10 01:21
thanks for your response but today I updated the firmware again just to try it and this time it fixe ...

As the above person posted, if it does it again then preform a RC calibration.
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Rabidman Posted at 2016-6-10 01:21

If you upgrade the P3A's gimbal to a P3P's, it is necessary to re-upgrade the pro's firmware.
2016-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules