Brand new Phantom 4, gimbal issues right out of the box.
1309 12 2016-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

As seen in the video, this is a brand new Phantom 4. I got this one after I sent in my old one for repair. Note this isn't a fixed one, it's new.
In the video you can see the gimbal never goes back into a resting position and makes a god awful noise when the camera tilts up and down. Then we have the infamous gimbal noise. None of these issues accured with my old Phantom 4. So my question to a DJI rep, is ALL of this normal? If so then why did my old one not do this? It seems like a poor job in the Q/A department. If this is an issue, I'm rather ill considering I should not be having these issues and I read constantly about others having them also.ALSO I note that when the camera is finally done adjusting itself, it still doesnt seem to be perfectly center.
Excuse the mess in the video.

2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, ZFarmer. I'd suggest you to upgrade the firmware at first. Then after the upgrade, it is recommended to calibrate the IMU again.
2016-6-9
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-9 20:30
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, ZFarmer. I'd suggest you to upgrade the firmware at first. Then  ...

Will give it a shot. Was turning it on to do the update and all, then I noticed this so I figured to give it a check before I start messing with it.
2016-6-9
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

The noise issue is gone, BUT the camera still doesn't go back to a resting position after powering it off and the camera still makes a noise when it's tilting up and down on start up. Like it's going too far both up and down.
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-6-10 10:12
The noise issue is gone, BUT the camera still doesn't go back to a resting position after powering i ...

Does the IMU calibration help?
2016-6-9
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-9 21:23
Does the IMU calibration help?

No, the issues are still there.
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-6-10 10:37
No, the issues are still there.

So the gimbal is still tilted and the camera won't go down when power off?
2016-6-9
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-9 21:39
So the gimbal is still tilted and the camera won't go down when power off?

I'll shoot another video, but yes the camera won't go down hardly at all after power off.
2016-6-9
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

This is a new video after update and calibration, I'm about to go to sleep but will check back tomorrow. I need to know if I need to send in for replacement or if this is not an issue, although I don't see why my older one didn't do this nor have other I've seen. Since I had to activate it to do calibration, I have 48hrs to figure it out (going to buy dji care) but want to make sure I buy it for a Phantom that is in perfect condition.
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-6-10 11:14
This is a new video after update and calibration, I'm about to go to sleep but will check back tomor ...

This issue (camera doesn't go down after powered off) doesn't influence the normal operation of the gimbal. But if your camera is still tilted after several IMU calibrations , I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support for diagnosis.  
2016-6-10
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-10 17:09
This issue (camera doesn't go down after powered off) doesn't influence the normal operation of the ...

Okay, thank you. I will have to take a further look at it once I get home as I'm at work. Hopefully all is good because I'm doing some photos at a charity run tomorrow and they're  looking forward to the drone.
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-6-10 18:28
Okay, thank you. I will have to take a further look at it once I get home as I'm at work. Hopefull ...

Feel free to post any result here.
2016-6-10
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-10 05:29
Feel free to post any result here.

So far so good, the camera not coming back to a resting position bothers me only because I know my old one and others don't do this but oh well I guess.
2016-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules