Follow Me function
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jkb.whey
New

United Kingdom

Hey,

Today me and my brother went out to fly my new DJI Phantom 3 4K edition. It all works perfectly well and is very stable up until the point I put it in the ''Follow Me'' mode. The drone was above 10 meters but after saw 30 was recommended. When I put it in this mode it started freaking out and flying side to side very quickly even though we hadn't moved yet. Luckily I threw the switch back and took control of the drone before it had come down or hit anything at all! Anyone know why it was doing this? Was it because the drone was below 30m? I've seen people using it before at 10 as that is minimum, Not sure what the GPS signal was at that time. Any help would be amazing as it has scared me off trying the function again because as we all know if you break the chassis thats pretty much game over!

Thank you in advance for any replies and advice.

James
2016-6-10
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Hi James,

Good to know you've got the controls back and everyone's safe. Try to load your flight log to healthydrones.com and see what's going on. It's best that you update everything to the latest versions and calibrate IMU and compass.

Hope the bird will be back to normal on your next and every other flight.

Hans
2016-6-10
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

In order for that mode to work, you need a tablet that uses GPS and the tablet's GPS must be on......were both of those conditions met in your experiement?  If not, maybe when you turned on that mode, it 'thought' the tablet GPS location was way off somewhere else.
2016-6-10
Use props
jkb.whey
New

United Kingdom

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-10 13:39
Hi James,

Good to know you've got the controls back and everyone's safe. Try to load your flight lo ...

Thank you for the reply! Will definitely upload to see what the issue was and update to all the latest versions, Was the scariest thing not having control and freaked out!

James
2016-6-10
Use props
jkb.whey
New

United Kingdom

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-6-10 13:56
In order for that mode to work, you need a tablet that uses GPS and the tablet's GPS must be on..... ...

Hmmm maybe too little GPS signal then, will check everything over thoroughly next time! Thank you for the reply!

James
2016-6-10
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Let us know how it goes, bud!
Hans
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

jkb.whey Posted at 2016-6-10 22:00
Hmmm maybe too little GPS signal then, will check everything over thoroughly next time! Thank you  ...

Both of the mobile device and the drone's GPS signal strength is very important to the FM mode. Please try with different mobile devices and test it in open area.
2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules