Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
german.rosero
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,

I did upgrade to firmware Aircraft v1.8.80 and Remote Controller v1.6.0

I went for a test flight yesterday.

One thing I was testing is the warning voice when you reach almost 400 ft. I heard the warning voice, but the Remote Controller was randomly losing signal/reception. I was located in a park within the city.

I did similar flights in another country but in the wilderness/nature terrain and no issues at all

Is this expected ?

Thanks for you help or any advice,

G

2016-6-10
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Were you going pretty much straight up? If so, the antenna is directional so you would need to set them accordingly, 90 degrees to the aircraft.

2016-6-10
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Going straight up: even if you angle the RC antenna appropriately @ 90 degrees (flat, parallel to the ground), remember that the receiving antenna in the landing legs of the craft are not going to be 90 degrees down to the RC. So straight up is always a dicey affair. Best thing is to fly a bit away from center, then go up to the max altitude.

Direct experience: yes, I've had that when flying in the city, but not when out in a clear area. Chalk it up to there being more interference in the city. This has nothing to do with firmware in my experience with the P3P. A couple of times, it did not lose signal to the remote, but the craft still stopped responding to controls. To get it down, I had to initial an RTH. Once that was going, I regained control and could cancel the RTH.

So yes, it is to be expected.

Digression: Last time I tried straight up in the city, I found that parallel to the ground and having parabolic antenna extenders worked great. I put the parabolic extenders on backwards from normal. That is, normally with a craft flying away from you, you would have the antenna angled up and facing toward the craft, with the parabolic extenders mounted to be behind the antenna (so the signal is concentrated forward, away from you). But flying straight up with the antenna parallel to the ground with the parabolic extenders on backwards, they were below the antenna, which concentrated the signal straight up.

Chris
2016-6-10
Use props
gerfoto
lvl.1

United States

Thank you guys ✌
2016-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules