Service by DJIs repair dept
1280 15 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptanW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70151 ft
United States

Please read the whole wall of text, this can save you hours of time and money.

Hello everyone, I had shipped my drone to DJIs repair dept a few weeks ago because the gimbal yaw arm had broke. The yaw arm broke because after a firmware update i was having a flyaway without touching the controls in the middle of a farm with no powerlines or anything. I got to get some control then it skimmed a tree and broke the yaw arm. After i send it in i get a bill for $142.00 and im like why did the warrenty not cover it because it was a error from the firmware update and they say its a crash. Next they are "Unable to recover the flight logs". So i had the drone for 4-5 days before this "crash/firmware error" and they still will not recover it. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get this through there heads. They have spent more hours talking about fixing it than if they had just fixed it. They have lost so much money on this and on top of that they are sending it back broke for me to fix it. I am holding the new yaw arm now that i bought for $15 and i can fix it myself. Everyone be careful with your drones because if there is a error on DJIs side then they will NOT fix it.

2016-6-10
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Well, maybe one of the DJI guys here can help u.. weird! Can you not provide them the log file from the GO app, rather than depend on them getting it from the drone?
2016-6-10
Use props
CaptanW
lvl.1
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-6-11 03:10
Well, maybe one of the DJI guys here can help u.. weird! Can you not provide them the log file from  ...

The log files were lost.
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for your crash, I believe you are incorrect though.
If your aircraft crashed to to going out of control after updating the firmware and you are flying in an interference free area then DJI would most certainly do a warranty repair.
Ifd logs were totally lost and unrecoverable from the aircraft's flight data recorder then you would get the benefit of the doubt and it would be a warranty repair.
What is your email and I will loot at your ticket number to see why they would not do a warranty repair if indeed it was of no fault of your own.
2016-6-10
Use props
CaptanW
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-11 03:19
I'm sorry for your crash, I believe you are incorrect though.
If your aircraft crashed to to going o ...

No thanks, im done with this im getting it shipped back. Then im going to fix it my self.
They claim it as a crash but it took off on its own. Just letting everyone know about this issue.
2016-6-10
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

So you are happy to commit credit card fraud, but unable to supply DJI with the means to help you ?
2016-6-10
Use props
CaptanW
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone, im getting it back next week and il get back to flying again!!!!!!
2016-6-10
Use props
CaptanW
lvl.1
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-6-11 03:25
So you are happy to commit credit card fraud, but unable to supply DJI with the means to help you ?

Iv been on the phone for hours trying to get this fixed im just tired and want it back. You would understand if you were on the phone for hours that is all i want. Knowing my luck everything that could go wrong goes wrong. I have tried to let them help me. The drones are great but not this experience.
2016-6-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-6-10 21:25

It's indeed very strange that the AC 'failed to record the flight' ?? I have never seen this happening with my P3 or P4.
Do I smell something ?
If you can not prove anything , especialy you can not prove that it was not a pilot's error then I'm very sorry but in any court you will loose your case.
2016-6-10
Use props
CaptanW
lvl.1
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2016-6-11 03:35
It's indeed very strange that the AC 'failed to record the flight' ?? I have never seen this happe ...

Yea, i understand but i saw it was after the firmware update but right now i want it back.
I was kidding about the credit card. They wont care or cover it, that is just how not happy i am.
2016-6-10
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Well, i guess i understand the frustration and wanting to have it back, as long as you can fix it yourself, but know for the future that the DJI guys here WILL help you out and try their best... bashing DJI is one thing, but not accepting their offer to make things right is another - but it sounds like your issue is somewhat minor and you can handle it, so good luck to you!
2016-6-10
Use props
CaptanW
lvl.1
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-6-11 05:24
Well, i guess i understand the frustration and wanting to have it back, as long as you can fix it yo ...

Thanks, iv been on the phone for hours and iv tried everything and they say its a crash but it was not.
2016-6-10
Use props
Slow Down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163599 ft
United States

How can you lose flight log? There is a SD card on controller and it's almost impossible to lose the data.
2016-6-11
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Slow Down Posted at 2016-6-12 13:01
How can you lose flight log? There is a SD card on controller and it's almost impossible to lose the ...

Actually there's a flight log  on the "black box" of the plane, in a hidden SD card attached inside the plane.

Then there's a log in DJI GO app stored on the phone of the user. This log has less details than the one stored inside the plane.

If the plane is heavily damaged or fall into water, it's possible that the build-in  SD card damaged and thus unrecoverable flight log.

To the OP, you can upload the log inside your phone and let people see whose fault it is. It takes you maybe two minutes. Upload here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

If people think it's DJI's faulty, I think they will repair it for free under pressure from online users.

2016-6-12
Use props
CaptanW
lvl.1
United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-12 16:04
Actually there's a flight log  on the "black box" of the plane, in a hidden SD card attached inside ...

Thanks, il try this with my phantom when i get it back. MY phantom is a Phantom 3 Standard btw and the drone still flew after the camera fell off but my app says 0 for everything. Im using the ipad mini btw.
2016-6-13
Use props
CaptanW
lvl.1
United States

Hello again, today i got my phantom back from dji support (stiill broke) and 30mins late the yaw arm was fixed and 20mins later i was walking out side and then 23mins later it was in the air working like new; no thanks to dji support. I love the phantoms but not the support.
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules