Purchase Osmo and a few details I couldn't find
890 4 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hi,

I'm concidering purchasing OSMO and wanted to ask you, the people who already own one, is it worth it? Would you recommend one?

Also what is the battery life I can expect with either X3 and X5?

Best,

Alari
2016-6-10
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, I have the x3, I think its worth it, they are a lot of fun and I would recommend one, Ive had mine for around 7 months, the only issue I had and still have, is slight horizon tilt but it corrects itself within 30sec or so.
As for the battery life, well lets say if you get 2 extra batteries (or more) you should be fine, or even the osmo battery extender.
I also have a dedicated device just for the osmo.
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Welcome to our Forum and thanks for your concern.
With a little research in this Forum, I hope you'll find more useful references.
If you have any problem, we'll be always here to assist you.
Look forward to your cooperation.
Thanks.
2016-6-11
Use props
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

I'm still to find any information regarding the battery life with X5 anywhere on the Internet

Also should I assume with X3 one battery = 1h of recording?

2 extra questions:

I know it's not certified waterproof, but will the osmo be usable in the rain?

Can the osmo be used without the app (or connecting it to a phone at all)? Because my Phantom can fly and record without the tablet even connected, so I'm wondering the same about OSMO.

Thanks!
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Alari Posted at 2016-6-14 04:42
I'm still to find any information regarding the battery life with X5 anywhere on the Internet

Al ...

Hello.
1. With the normal fully charged Osmo battery, the maximum battery life of the Osmo Pro (the X5+X5 adaptor+the handle) is about 80 minutes in sleep mode. For normal using, the duration may be 20-30 minutes. If you use the External Battery Extender with the compatible batteries, you'll get much more longer durations. Please refer to the official online store for more details about the External Batery Extender: http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-external-battery-extender
2. We would not recommend using the Osmo in the rain, it may damage the unit very easily since it's not water-proof.
3. You can use the Osmo freely without connecting to the DJI GO App, however, with the DJI GO App, you'll get a better user experience with more features and controls over the Osmo.

If you have any other question, please let me know.
Thanks.
2016-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules