Excellent Dji EU Customer Service
1977 22 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi flyers

Just a quick post to compliment Dji EU for the quick response to my RMA request for a replacement Phantom 4.

My drone was only 6 days old when I sent it back to Dji due to a misaligned camera affecting the YAW. It was out by 10 degrees and no IMU or gimbal calibration could fix this and was like this straight out the box.

I sent Dji lots of photos, proof of purchase documents etc and it was deemed as DOA and replacement authorised. All shipping costs from UK to Dji Netherlands covered by Dji. My drone will arrive at the factory on Tuesday and hopefully my replacement can then be dispatched.

So far my dealings with Dji have been excellent and I thank them for the prompt customer service.

I will keep you updated

2016-6-11
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Good keep updated it i have a friend that have the same problem with the P4 and he want to RMA but he is overseas from USA.
2016-6-11
Use props
CaptanW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70151 ft
United States

Good Luck you are having better luck than me !!!!
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Thanks for your support. Satisfaction from customers is very important to us. We will do our best to improve ourselves.
2016-6-11
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Flyers,

My returned Phantom arrived at Dji Netherlands this morning and within a couple of hours my new replacement Phantom was being picked up by UPS and now on its way back to me. I expect my new Phantom in 2 days Thurs 16th.....whoopee

I have had an Incredibly quick response from Dji and makes me wonder why they have had such negative feedback regarding their customer service - looks like Dji EU have made great improvements going by my experience. Well done Dji.

Will update you all when new Phantom arrives and tested.

2016-6-14
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81132 ft

BrianJ Posted at 2016-6-15 03:03
Hi Flyers,

My returned Phantom arrived at Dji Netherlands this morning and within a couple of hours ...

I hope I can report the same good experience when I contact them tomorrow.
2016-6-14
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thomas. Posted at 2016-6-14 21:31
I hope I can report the same good experience when I contact them tomorrow.

Hi Thomas,

Yes hope so too. Are you getting a replacement or repair? Is it under Warranty? Make sure to email all photos of problem and flight log etc to help Dji process your information quickly. I am sure they want to help you as quickly as possible.
2016-6-14
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2

BrianJ Posted at 2016-6-15 05:05
Hi Thomas,

Yes hope so too. Are you getting a replacement or repair? Is it under Warranty? Make s ...

Hi Brian,
I'm pretty excited to hear what they say. This is the thread about my problem: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=55257
BTW, Please stay in the EU ;-)

2016-6-14
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2
Germany

I just sent my device to the German support. I'll keep you up to date.
2016-6-15
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2

Until now I cannot confirm the service quality here in Germany. The device arrived at the service center this morning, but it is not even yet registered.
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thomas. Posted at 2016-6-17 01:21
Until now I cannot confirm the service quality here in Germany. The device arrived at the service c ...

Things take time to process, you will be notified soon of the progress.
2016-6-16
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

UPDATE UPDATE

WOW WOW - My new replacement arrived today after only sending the faulty Drone 6 days ago Friday 10th June - YES I WILL SAY AGAIN - 6 days ago!!!! Super speed from Dji Netherlands and all shipping costs covered by Dji. (Note - The faulty Drone was under Warranty (1 week old) and deemed DOA).

A recap - The faulty drone had a misaligned camera gimbal from the box new and had YAW and horizontal issues.

My new Phantom arrived well packaged (no damaged box) and here is what I have checked/tested "straight out the box" and on bench.

Visually checked Phantom and RC has no signs of damage during delivery - PASS
Camera Gimbal Secure - PASS
Accessories Intact - PASS

Next Power on before charging Phantom & RC to check Camera gimbal resting position before firmware upgrade -
Visual Inspection of Camera, Lens and gimbal - PASS.
Powered on Resting position. Camera pointing straight ahead with Zero Yaw and Pitch - PASS (Great as this was the fault with previous Phantom  - YAW would point 10 degrees to the right)

Firmware upgraded easily RC & Phantom & Batteries (v1.1.0411) with Dji GO app (v2.8.1 Android Samsung S6 Edge) - PASS.

Next was the very important IMU & Gimbal calibration on perfectly compensated and level surface (Levelled Glass plate on desk) - See photos below
After IMU Calibration (0.0003 & 0.0002) - PASS (See Photo)
After Gimbal Autocal (0.0) - PASS (See Photo)
Other Sensors - TBC

Handheld test - Next without flying, I took the powered drone in my hands and moved it around as if it was flying to see how the camera gimbal responded and if it maintained its calibrated settings and the great news is it PASSED. The previous faulty drone would never hold its horizontal and would need gimbal adjusted during flight every flight and also after conducting the same handheld test as mentioned previous. (see below photo how level camera is resting after handheld flying test).

Unfortunately, the weather is not good and unable to fly. However I hope some of my manual bench tests are of interest to some of you.

Will feedback my first flight results with this new Phantom when weather improves.

Thankyou once again Dji EU for dealing with my issue so quickly and professionally and I am one very happy customer.
-

CAL.jpg

2016-6-16
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2
Germany

BrianJ Posted at 2016-6-17 02:35
UPDATE UPDATE

WOW WOW - My new replacement arrived today after only sending the faulty Drone 6 days ...

Congratulations Brian! This sounds like a great service record.

Have fun flying and always keep save! Good luck!
2016-6-16
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thomas. Posted at 2016-6-16 20:53
Congratulations Brian! This sounds like a great service record.

Have fun flying and always keep s ...

thanks Thomas. So far so good. Still to take the bird to the air tho'. Incidentally, I read your post regarding the drone dropping so many feet.

I await to see how Dji resolve your issue and hopefully you will get a good result as I did. I am sure you will be looked after by Dji.
2016-6-16
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 02:23
Things take time to process, you will be notified soon of the progress.

Yes, things take time, I agree. But I do not understand why in one case the package goes back to the customer on the same day it arrived and in the other case they tell you that the case will be visible next Monday when it arrived on Thursday morning. I already know that there is something in Germany that we call service wasteland.  But I think for the price of this device the customer can expect a bit more service. Also the replies that we get from the German service are very short and without any empathy. One has the feeling, they got our money and now we can wait.  If I would treat my customers like this I would simply lose them.  I wish I had bought my aircraft at Apple, then I could bring it back and that's it.
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Thomas. Posted at 2016-6-17 17:03
Yes, things take time, I agree. But I do not understand why in one case the package goes back to th ...

I am very sorry that your experience was no as expected.
What is your ticket# and I will notify them.
2016-6-17
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 21:28
I am very sorry that your experience was no as expected.
What is your ticket# and I will notify th ...

Thank you very much, Ken!

I only hope that they are not becoming unwilling because you insist. I only have an RMA: 225061.

Have a nice weekend!
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Thomas. Posted at 2016-6-17 22:06
Thank you very much, Ken!

I only hope that they are not becoming unwilling because you insist. I ...

Thank you very much, I've sent your message directly to who's in charge in the German repair center.
2016-6-17
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 22:18
Thank you very much, I've sent your message directly to who's in charge in the German repair cente ...

Ha, I just received an email telling me that they received my unit. In fact DHL already delivered last Thursday. Tracking # is 160615A6C-4023.
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BrianJ Posted at 2016-6-17 02:35
UPDATE UPDATE

WOW WOW - My new replacement arrived today after only sending the faulty Drone 6 days ...

Thank you so much for posting your positive experience.
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thomas. Posted at 2016-6-21 21:29
Ha, I just received an email telling me that they received my unit. In fact DHL already delivered  ...

That's great Thomas, I knew it wouldn't be long.
2016-6-21
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2
Germany

As expected I am not very satisfied with DJI's European (German) service. Some of them are very friendly, some not so much. But their competence does not seem to be the best.

After 14 days of waiting the copter was finally exchanged and arrived this afternoon. Pretty much time for just exchanging a device. After testing I determined that the problem still exists. It is exactly the same that I described.

What tests did your technicians do? Did anybody read my information and make appropriate tests?

What shall we do no? Go thru the same procedure again? NO! I AM TOTALLY MAD! I paid > 1500€ for a piece of junk with incompetent service.
2016-6-29
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2

Continues here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-55257-1-1.html
2016-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules