1534 12 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
France

Hi

Im in the south of France with my Phantom 3 pro at the moment I took some I dis a compas calibration and took off. Flies great still but my camera is way over exposed I know its brighter here and sunnier but I though thaqt the auto would correct that. the video and stills are so over exposed it ruins them. I looked into the custom settings for white setting and also adusted brightness etc but its still awful. Any ideas what has gone wrong?

Cheers

Bhu

2016-6-11
Use props
benhopper14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013205 ft

You could try switching back and forth between the auto and manual settings. Maybe that will work.
2016-6-11
Use props
mikee1554
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1406991 ft
United Kingdom

That's why they make ND filters.. to correct tis issue.. I use mine a lot.. even with the lack of UK sunshine

Check out youtube for more info on this matter as there is a lot of comparasion  video's listed on the phantom
2016-6-11
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

thank you for the replies. Maybe I will upload a video to show the level of over exposure. I do need to invest in some ND filters not sure which ones though.I did think that the camera would correct the light exposure automatically though. Maybe Im asking too much from it?
2016-6-11
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Forget bright sunlight, ND filters and auto/manual.
The camera will normally correct to get a proper exposure whatever the situation.
If you have consistently overexposed photos, it's almost certainly because you have the camera set to over expose.
Look at the small blue number in the camera data near the top of the screen.
If it shows something like EV+2.0 or EV+ 3.0, use the right side thumbwheel to dial that back to EV0.
2016-6-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Exactly what Labroides says above ^
2016-6-11
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Exactly — I wish people would stop recommending ND filters for exposure issues!
2016-6-11
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn on the Zebras for Video and the Histogram for Photos and adjust from there. You may need a ND Filter for your Videos and Photos. DJI and Polar Pro have them. A Must accessory.
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-12 07:21
Forget bright sunlight, ND filters and auto/manual.
The camera will normally correct to get a proper ...

Correct.It is very important to check the EV when you take a photo.
2016-6-11
Use props
tytlyf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72867 ft

ND filters are only for slowing frames for video.  ND filters won't do any good for photos and will more than likely make the quality worse.
2016-6-11
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

Thanks everyone. I will have a look at the EV settings and report back. Might as well do the firmware upgrade as well and then do an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration to boot. ;)
2016-6-15
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

ahhhhh thank you so much. it was high at 2.7 i must have thumbed it by accident and not realized. back at zero now and perfect exposure. This forum is great and so are its members. Thank you so much for the help i would have been looking for hours even days and weeks to sort that one out ;) a big thumbs up to labroides cheers m8 ;)
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bhujang Posted at 2016-6-17 00:40
ahhhhh thank you so much. it was high at 2.7 i must have thumbed it by accident and not realized. ba ...

Glad you got it sorted out, depending on the aircraft you have the wheel on the right side will do that for you.
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules