Facebook Live Feed Quality
1716 8 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sleither
lvl.1

United States

First time post here.

I updated my DJI Phantom 4 firmware to 1.1.411 and decided to test the Facebook LIVE feed.  You can view the short viedo here at https://www.facebook.com/scott.leither/videos/10208674711320577/

I did use my iPad Mini 4 on WiFi as recommened for best live feed per Facebook.  As you can see, the video is shot is Non-HD and 4x3 format.  The video is in my opinion, very choppy.

Is anyone else having this issue?  If not, what can I do to fix this as seen other vidoes out there that look much better from the DJI Phantoms using this Facebook Live feed.

Thank you in advance and hoping to use this feature more,

Scott J. L.
2016-6-11
Use props
treeboyy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

What are your camera setting? You may need to adjust your shutter speed (SS).
2016-6-11
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Have you compared this Facebook video with the video in your cache?   If it's of similar quality, it might be because of the inherently low image transmission quality wiht Phantom devices.
If the cache one is better, I guess it's a software issue then. Becuase Facebook Live Feed seems to be a new function for DJI GO, which might be not fully optimized now.

2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello sleither, I'd suggest you to change the network service and lower the transmission rate in order to make it more smoothly.
2016-6-12
Use props
sleither
lvl.1

United States

treeboyy Posted at 2016-6-11 20:48
What are your camera setting? You may need to adjust your shutter speed (SS).

@treeboyy, I did have the video setting in the Go App at 1080p and 120fps. All other settings are at Auto.  I assumed that the settings are defaulted or downgraded to the Facebook standards so I did not adjust these settings.

Have you played with this feature and what have you seen works best for your application?

Thank you,

Scott J. L.
2016-6-12
Use props
sleither
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-12 04:21
Hello sleither, I'd suggest you to change the network service and lower the transmission rate in ord ...

@DJI-Paladin, change the Network Service?  I was on my home WiFi with 60Mbps down and 5Mbps up tested before launching.  Maybe will will try Verizon on 4G LTE  to see if this helps or not.....

Transmission rate? Do you mean video quality.  I am new here so just want to make sure I am understanding everything so I can use this more.

Have you used this feature and if so, what do you use for setting that works best for your setup?

Thank you,

Scott J. L.
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

sleither Posted at 2016-6-12 21:30
@DJI-Paladin, change the Network Service?  I was on my home WiFi with 60Mbps down and 5Mbps up tes ...

Thanks for your feedback,Scott. Facebook live feed quality is related to the network quailty and image transmission quality. You can lower the transmission quailty here when you select the “custom” button  : IMG_0754.PNG
2016-6-12
Use props
treeboyy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

sleither Posted at 2016-6-12 21:26
@treeboyy, I did have the video setting in the Go App at 1080p and 120fps. All other settings are  ...

You want your fps @ a derivative of 60 which is the usual screen refresh rate for computers.  So, 120 should be fine.
2016-6-16
Use props
thomasoverbo
New
Flight distance : 32451 ft
Norway

Hi, any thoughts on optimal transmission and image quality settings when streaming from mobile connections? At 3g/4g speed in terms of getting smooth images.

Cheers

2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules