Use of Mobile Devices
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcgreggr
New

I have purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced but still need a mobile device.  Can I utilize any tablet that has Wi-Fi?  And does it have to have GPS?  I know it requires a touch screen.

2016-6-12
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Recommended Devices
•ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
•Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
2016-6-12
Use props
mcgreggr
New

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-6-12 21:44
Recommended Devices
•ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch ...

I saw those devices listed but wondered if other devices will work as long as they are Android 4.1.1 or higher.  Noticed the operating systems were required but the devices were recommended.
2016-6-12
Use props
bradleybowers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 643360 ft
United Kingdom

Technically, Yes, Any device running Android 4.1.1 will work, but the ones in the recommended list have been tested and wont have any faults with the app or the drone.

I personally use a Nexus 7 2013 which was relatively cheap and it worked perfectly.
2016-6-12
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer

Note that any device that does not have GPS will not allow you to use the "Follow Me" function and possibly others. The Phantom requires knowing where the device is to do this. No GPS makes this impossible.

Barney
2016-6-12
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

A Phantom user group has this list:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go

If your mobile device does not have a magnetic field sensor, a few compass related features of the DJI Go app will not work.
2016-6-12
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mcgreggr Posted at 2016-6-13 00:43
I saw those devices listed but wondered if other devices will work as long as they are Android 4.1 ...

Many devices work well but some do not.
The app is very demanding and runs badly if the tablet does not have sufficient power, especially for graphics.
Most Android tablets have GPS included but Apple only put GPS in their cellular iPads.
GPS in the tablet only affects your ability to do follow-me flights and reset home point to the current location of the controller.
For all normal flight, the Phantom uses its own GPS.
2016-6-12
Use props
mcgreggr
New

Thanks to everyone for your replies.  I ended up with an Apple Mini 2 through AT&T.  They were offering it for $99 dollars with my iPhone upgrade.  Better to spend $10. a month than shelling out $349. at once.  Tight Budget after buying Phantom.
2016-6-18
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

The Mini2 should work out well
2016-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules