P3s loss video issue HAS BEEN FIXED THANYOU DJI SUPPORT AND MODER...
1550 34 2016-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

Here are some screen shots can you spot the differences in them
I am trying to ascertain the order of events during this signal loss I have been able to force this fault by several different ways and have other screen shots that I am still analysing
I would appreciate any information that any one on here might have that may lead to the cause of this issue

Thanking you all in advance
Let's see if working together we can all help solve this
Loss video signal issue
So we can all enjoy our Dji equipment again
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
2016-6-12
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Sorry, my English is not good enough to comprehend what you're saying.
2016-6-13
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-13 16:04
Sorry, my English is not good enough to comprehend what you're saying.

Look at each picture and record the differences
2016-6-13
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-13 16:06
Look at each picture and record the differences

There are several things you can do,

1. Adjust the antenna, and buy/DIY a range booster made with metal foil.
2. Update FW and DJI Go app, which I guess you've already done.
3. See if you can find another DJI Phantom user in your area and try his RC, this can make sure if it's the RC's problem.
4. If you still can't solve the problem, contact DJI Support in your area and you may need to return them for repair.

Hope you good luck!
2016-6-13
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

The aircraft appears to be oriented 90° between the live and the blank images, according to the 'radar' indicator.

Looks like you're hoving in place and apply yaw only between the alternate images.

So you still have stick control when video feed is lost?

Is video feed loss momentary? Does it recover on its own without yawing the aircraft?

Is the Wi-Fi environment congested?

Are you following the recommened RC antenna orientation with respect to the aircraft?

Is your mobile device on the recommended devices list for your aircraft?
2016-6-13
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

Airspace Explor Posted at 2016-6-13 22:57
The aircraft appears to be oriented 90° between the live and the blank images, according to the 'ra ...

Yes the radar does show that although there was no movement in direction of the  aircraft or the controller

There is a couple of other differences
Thank you for your observations
2016-6-13
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-13 08:10
Yes the radar does show that although there was no movement in direction of the  aircraft or the c ...

Have you solved this issue?
2016-6-15
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

Hey bro you are not the only one having this issue.. i m loosing radio signal at 40m - 60m.. some people loose video signal.. it comes with the new 1.6.80 update, and thee are lot of people out there having the same issue.. if you ask DJI they will say to send the drone back to repair, that is the only thing they say and still there is no clear solution for this.. but we can wait for another fixed firmware upgrade, yesterday came a new firmware for phantom 3 pro, so I hope standard will also get new one very soon, and if it is not going to fix the problem, we all have send i back, including you and me..
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has your aircraft ever been crashed.
I see the dropout of GPS signal but not the WiFi signal.
If you are on the latest update then maybe you need to send it it.
2016-6-15
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-15 13:10
If you ...

"I see the dropout of GPS signal "
No you don't! - What you see is the no GPS data coming from the drone to display  on the device. There's no altitude displayed either - does that mean he's not really up in the air?
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sundance Kid Posted at 2016-6-16 03:44
"I see the dropout of GPS signal "
No you don't! - What you see is the no GPS data coming from th ...

I know that there's no data as well. BUT the flight time is the same as the photo with good signal which leads me to believe something is wrong.
2016-6-15
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-15 14:52
I know that there's no data as well. BUT the flight time is the same as the photo with good signal ...

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
I believe you are referring to the flight time remaining on the battery, but what does that have to do with GPS data - except that remaining flight time may be information coming from the aircraft and not getting updated also. I don't think the screen shorts are in order. That would explain remaining flight time "freezing".
In any case Ken - Yes, something IS wrong. That's what they're trying to tell you.
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sundance Kid Posted at 2016-6-16 04:40
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
I believe you are referring to the flight time remai ...

You said "does that mean he's not really in the air" and I was referring to the flight time left as he has to be in the air.
2016-6-15
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remove the SD card, try a new one. Then format the other one and try it again. This resolved the issue for me
2016-6-15
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-15 15:52
You said "does that mean he's not really in the air" and I was referring to the flight time left a ...

That was sarcasm Ken. Sorry
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sundance Kid Posted at 2016-6-16 04:58
That was sarcasm Ken. Sorry

Ok.........
2016-6-15
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-6-15 15:57
Remove the SD card, try a new one. Then format the other one and try it again. This resolved the iss ...

Downgrading firmware solved it for me - but I did format the SD card in the process of downgrading. Maybe you're on to something.
2016-6-15
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-16 02:10
If you ...

No it's never been crashed
It has been in for repair two weeks ago
And was returned with same issue
It is back in for another analysis and hopefully will be
Sorted out this time
And correct the overlay shows no gps satellites
But it has full satellites
It shows full wifi and controller signal
Have complete control over craft
But no video and information overlay
And somthing goes wrong in the radar information
And in the last one there still is some power application
Information next to the radar
2016-6-15
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

And yes I tried a different sd card and also formatted sd card
All to no avail
2016-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-16 08:31
No it's never been crashed
It has been in for repair two weeks ago
And was returned with same is ...

All of that is perfectly consistent with having no return link. You might like to say what Phantom you have, and how far away from you it was at the time.

The 'blank' screen is actually telling you what the problem is, and that is the radio link from the aircraft to the RC unit has been lost. That is why there are no satellites shown, the battery information is missing etc. All that information comes from the aircraft, not the RC unit, and if the return link is broken, then you will see no information displayed on the screen.

I know the blank display is showing full signal strength, but that can also be erroneous.

This could be a range issue, but we won't know until you say how far away it was, or it could be simply an antenna orientation issue, hitting a dead spot in the antenna pattern and losing signal.

Please tell us more...

2016-6-15
Use props
jjepilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-16 06:47
All of that is perfectly consistent with having no return link. You might like to say what Phantom  ...

Video link is WiFi, not radio frequency. The fact that he has WiFi tells you it's a Standard too as it says in the title of the post; P3s. The distance is shown in his pictures that do have video link. That info comes from WiFi as well. The GPS signal is what's strange though as it shows none but yet he has no warning of that...at least he didn't say that he did.
2016-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jjepilot Posted at 2016-6-16 08:56
Video link is WiFi, not radio frequency. The fact that he has WiFi tells you it's a Standard too as ...

Actually the link is radio frequency, just that it is on the same frequency band as WiFi, it is not actually WiFi. I did miss the fact that he said it was a Standard in the title line, I apologise for that.

For some reason I cannot really read the distance figures in the pictures, but it looks to be about 50 Metres up and 40 something Metres distant, so it is nearly overhead, and that position is about the worst position for the antenna possible.

The GPS signal is completely consistent with signal loss in the downlink. The GPS satellite count is that received by the aircraft, and it has to report that back to the Go App through the downlink, so if the downlink is lost, then it will show a zero satellite count. There is no warning about GPS, probably because the loss of signal takes precedent over the GPS count.
2016-6-15
Use props
jjepilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-16 07:19
Actually the link is radio frequency, just that it is on the same frequency band as WiFi, it is no ...

If that's true, I certainly didn't know that. So WiFi only carries the signal strength and telemetry info and not video? I'm having problems as well with video and it's extremely frustrating. I have full control, since the RC signal remains strong but as soon as my WiFi indicator drops off (and it starts dropping off as soon as it takes off), I loose video.
2016-6-15
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-16 07:19
Actually the link is radio frequency, just that it is on the same frequency band as WiFi, it is no ...

As you have worked out its a standard and yes 50m up and 40 m away so that is not straight above
This series of screen shots were done to verify that the problem exists
Mind you it only seems to be above 40 m vertically from the home point (I also reset the home point whilst 30 m in height flying and it still lost video and overlay information)
The gps shows no loss in the flight records in the Dji Go app
The craft has full control and gps stability
I have also flown in other locations and have the same problem
I can fly 100 m away at 35 m vertical height and video and overlay is perfect
As soon as I go above 40 m this fault occurs and rth activates I cancel rth and no video signal
Come back down to below 40 m and the video and overlay returns

Jet pilot the video is by wifi and as far as I can work out it is a wifi connection as I have to connect my iPhone or iPad to the wifi created by the controller
The controls for flight are 5.8 Ghz separate system and some of that information is relayed to the wifi connection between the craft the controller and the iPhone or iPad
2016-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jjepilot Posted at 2016-6-16 09:59
If that's true, I certainly didn't know that. So WiFi only carries the signal strength and telemetr ...

The only WiFi connection is from the RC unit to the phone/tablet, it is using the standard WiFi protocol to make that connection. The link back from the aircraft is at 2.4Ghz, and is in the same band of frequencies allocated to non-critical radio useage, of which WiFi is one of them. But it is not WiFi protocol, its uses a proprietary method that encodes the video link and other data into a data stream. The uplink to the aircraft is a seperate link at 5.8GHz.
2016-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-16 10:03
As you have worked out its a standard and yes 50m up and 40 m away so that is not straight above

'As you have worked out its a standard and yes 50m up and 40 m away so that is not straight above '

No, it is not straight above, but depending upon the angle of your antennas, it may be straight off the end of the tips, which is not good. The aircraft is close to 45 degrees up from you, and that seems to be a troublesome area for the Phantom Standard.

The aircraft has full control and gps stability

Yes, it would, because the links have no bearing on the ability of the aircraft to receive GPS satelite information, and the uplink appears to be quite stable.

'The gps shows no loss in the flight records in the Dji Go app'

Correct, again because nothing is affecting the ability of the GPS receiver in the aircraft from receiving satellite information, the problem is that the information is not being sent back to the RC unit and the GO App is not getting it to display on the screen.

2016-6-15
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

Well  I'm very  happy to get all this information thankyou for your input
Turns out I was correct in my conclusion about the video and overlay transmission board in the aircraft

image.png
2016-6-15
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

maybe strong interference?
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-16 09:05
The only WiFi connection is from the RC unit to the phone/tablet, it is using the standard WiFi pr ...

On the P3S the video is transmitted via 2.4 and the RC control is 5.8
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-16 11:09
Well  I'm very  happy to get all this information thankyou for your input
Turns out I was correct i ...

That's great, I'm glad it is all sorted out.
2016-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-16 15:25
On the P3S the video is transmitted via 2.4 and the RC control is 5.8

Yes, I think that is exactly what I said in post #25.
2016-6-15
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-16 09:05
The only WiFi connection is from the RC unit to the phone/tablet, it is using the standard WiFi pr ...

You may note on the repair invoice it does say aircraft wifi board
But hey as long as it's fixed I'm very happy and impressed with the quality product service and support
Thanks Dji and all that are here to help
2016-6-15
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

THANYOU DJI SUPPORT AND FORUM MODERATORS
MY GRATITUDE AND RESPECT
Issue resolved professional support and service
Thankyou Darren Phillips
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-16 21:32
THANYOU DJI SUPPORT AND FORUM MODERATORS
MY GRATITUDE AND RESPECT
Issue resolved professional supp ...

Thank you for posting your positive experience, we really appreciate it.
2016-6-16
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-16 21:46
Thank you for posting your positive experience, we really appreciate it.

Thankyou for your patience and understanding I believe mutual respect and understanding would help many to get more positive results
You and your colleges and company Dji are very professional with your approach to customer satisfaction
I believe if others realize that each case is investigated individually and as much specific and accurate information needs to be supplied to resolve each problem
Possibly a customer issue information form could be implemented to make your (I'm sure sometimes exhausting) job a little easier
Thanks again and I can't wait to fly my aircraft again and promote your products and services to all
Regards
Darren Phillips
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules