Registration Question
813 2 2016-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

I bought a DJI 3 Pro before registration was required.  Since I didnt use it during the winter, I haven't registered it yet.  Now I want to use it again and have a question whether to register it as a model aircraft or a Non-model aircraft.  I've only used it for personal/hobby use so far but my friend has a video production business and asked me to shoot some ariel video on one of his projects.  Should I register it as a model aircraft now and is there a way to switch over to a Non-model aircraft registration later should i decide to pursue using it commercially?  or should I register it as a Non-model aircraft now and use it as a hobby (practice) and then apply for a 333 exemption later if I decide to do work for my friends business?  I think I read somewhere that you can register as a non-model aircraft and use it as a hobby.  Any info, ideas or helpto figure out which way to go is greatly greatly appreciated

2016-6-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Recreational use registration doesn't register the drone.
It registers the user.
Get your $5 registration for legal compliance and worry about commercial use later.
At the moment, you have to wait about 6 mnths to get the 333 and you still need to have a pilots licence to use it.
Sometime in the future this syatem will be replaced.
2016-6-14
Use props
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-14 21:00
Recreational use registration doesn't register the drone.
It registers the user.
Get your $5 registr ...

thank you for the good information.
2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules