P3S - FW 1.6.8 is a dud - Downgraded to 1.5.7!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bottomleys
New
United Kingdom

I know there's been quite a few threads on this already but I hope that adding a thread rather than adding a post to an existing one might help DJI get their proverbial fingers out and fix this issue.

I'm very new to Quads and the Phantom in particular and didn't start flying (and trying to understand) mine until a couple of weeks ago but everything was fine until I uploaded FW 1.6.8 then I started getting 'no signal' even with the transmitter and tablet right beside the quad. No amount of (endless) fiddling with settings do any good although I notice that switching from 'video' to 'still' camera shot and back again would restore signal, but only for a very short time before losing the signal again.

I followed the advice given by 'Microcyb' in another thread;

"The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive and select the fw that you want .bin file format

2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format

3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)

4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)

5. Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.

6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard

NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!"

................and downgraded the firmware to 1.5.7 and everything is fine again.

However, despite the fact that the tablet is linked to the P3S it miraculously knows that a software update is available and keeps telling me to upgrade to 1.6.8!

When I see a number higher than 1.6.8 I might try again.

JimB

2016-6-18
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

But when you fly you may loose signal within 40m-100m. so fly it and check.. because p3S can not bee downgraded properly, When you downgrade to 1.5.7, on the app it shows as 1.5.7+  .....
2016-6-18
Use props
electrosatllamp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144583 ft
Andorra

compi jo tengo el mismo problema e no soy novato en phantom3 standard i profecional, despois de meter el ultimo firmware 1.6.80  se me foi la comonicacio de la emisora el nivel de señal de la emisora es como que no comonique que ago ahora!..
2016-6-18
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341355 ft
  • >>>
Canada

my App is 2.8.1
but Version says N/A.. my last update was April 14 or something like that.
2016-6-18
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Does the downgrade improve your range as compared to 1.6.80? Can you talk abit more the advantage and disadvantage after this downgrade? Thanks alot.
2016-6-24
Use props
fans150bf514
lvl.1

Brazil

After the last update, done via the DJI GO APP (reported as successful), I get "Remote Control Signal Weak" on the APP and no image from my P3S.
- The remote can control the bird and camera motion.
- The phone can see the remote as it shows "the remote controller calibration" joysticks when I move them.
- It's as if the phone can not see the bird though. All the options on the APP that relate to the bird are grayed out, except the take off button that, when used returns "takeoff failed".

So far, I have tried:
Firmware downgrade to 1.5.7 - The downgrade reported successful but the issue continues.
Uninstalling, reinstalling and APP on different phone. Same issue on every phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2016-11-5
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

Heard today that if you flip-flop (go back to 1.5.7 and then allow it to upgrade to 1.6.8) the range issue goes away. I'm on the 1.7 beta and so I can't test the flip-flop. Since this claim may pure conjecture, try it at your own risk.
2016-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules