SD Showing full when it isnt...
1480 20 2016-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mat_sealy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1155 ft
Germany

Hey guys... just been out for an afternoon of filming, or at least getting used to everything (is only the second time i have taken her up!) ..... and on my second battery i had a message on the GO app that my 16GB memory card (the one that comes with the aircraft) was full.....i thought it was kinda quick as i wasnt filming the whole time but as i was filming in 2.7K i thought maybe that was the reason. Now im home and looking through footage the card says there is only 5.5GB used! Very confusing!!! Does anyone maybe have an idea why this might be?
2016-6-19
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

The SD card may have encountered a write error so it thought it was full. Suggest you get any free online SD card tester and do read/write test of the whole card. Some programs will destroy data on the card when doing a full read/write test so make sure you transfer your data to your PC first.
2016-6-19
Use props
Mat_sealy
lvl.1
Germany

mochorm Posted at 2016-6-19 19:52
The SD card may have encountered a write error so it thought it was full. Suggest you get any free o ...

ok cool will look into that.....the cards fill up quick right?! i have a 64gb that i use with my gopro so probably just gonna share that with my phantom....gonna have to check it to make sure its a class one....hope so!
2016-6-19
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Canada

Mat_sealy@hotma Posted at 2016-6-19 14:47
ok cool will look into that.....the cards fill up quick right?! i have a 64gb that i use with my g ...

Good luck and hope that's all it is. Oh ya 4k video eats SD cards, the 16GB card was filled on my first flight. But I had the video on from the beginning of the flight and there was some nice video of the grass while the P3P was on the ground and I was learning lol

Hey didn't notice your Avatar before. Are you into deep sea diving?

It's my passion, I have my Padi Underwater Photography certification and just love being underwater taking photo's.  
Now it's time to try a flying photography
2016-6-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The aircraft writes a whole swag of hidden files to the card over a period of time. Even though they do not fill the card, it gets antsy about the files getting too large.

The best way to avoid this 'card full' problem is to regularly copy off the material from the card and then perform a format in the camera using the Go App.
2016-6-19
Use props
Mat_sealy
lvl.1
Germany

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-20 01:25
The aircraft writes a whole swag of hidden files to the card over a period of time. Even though they ...

Thanks for the tip.... will be sure to make sure everything is prepared better for next flight.....the card wasnt formatted but all files (except the .bin) were deleted and it was only the second time it was used.....but yeah gonna follow your advice :-)
2016-6-19
Use props
Mat_sealy
lvl.1
Germany

mochorm Posted at 2016-6-19 23:40
Good luck and hope that's all it is. Oh ya 4k video eats SD cards, the 16GB card was filled on my  ...

hhah yeah i also have some nice footage of grass, a beetle and me carrying Flying Betty!!

and yeah i like diving....got my PADI Advanced and also Enriched air qual.....but im only on about 25 ish dives so still kinda new to it.....it helps that my bro is an instructor and lives in Malta!! im off there this summer again but this time i will have Flying Betty for some cool arial vids!!

2016-6-19
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mat_sealy@hotma Posted at 2016-6-19 19:33
Thanks for the tip.... will be sure to make sure everything is prepared better for next flight.... ...

For thought. I use a High Speed 64 GB card from Sandisk. Very adequate.
2016-6-20
Use props
Ricardo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Yeah, I use a 64gb card also and it has plenty of room. One thing you might consider is just formatting your card every once in a while. Of course make sure your pics are taken off first.
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mat_sealy@hotma Posted at 2016-6-20 07:37
hhah yeah i also have some nice footage of grass, a beetle and me carrying Flying Betty!!

and yea ...

Glad you got is sorted out, also carry several SD cards with you.
I got my PADI over 20yrs ago but haven't been in over 10yrs. I miss it.
2016-6-20
Use props
Mat_sealy
lvl.1
Germany

Ricardo Posted at 2016-6-20 18:18
Yeah, I use a 64gb card also and it has plenty of room. One thing you might consider is just formatt ...

Top tip...noted!
2016-6-20
Use props
Mat_sealy
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-20 18:37
Glad you got is sorted out, also carry several SD cards with you.
I got my PADI over 20yrs ago but ...

Well I say just go for it if you can! I think the qualifications stay valid like forever... so if your rusty? Just go somewhere and do a try dive and hire equipment....you would be straight back into it I'm sure....and after that well then you would be back into it
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Mat_sealy@hotma Posted at 2016-6-21 07:14
Well I say just go for it if you can! I think the qualifications stay valid like forever... so if  ...

Ya, for sure. Thanks.
Now back to the thread topic, sorry to the OP.
2016-6-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What? Wow, He is the OP!! Hahaha
Hey man, you must have a lot on your mind tonight...
I only use the included 16gb micro sd card for my firmware updates, and bought a 64gb card for video and still pic capture.
Dive dive dive. . . ;-)
Still my new avatar isn't showing up, how come, what gives?? Um, this is no way to go. Ah gee. Ha

RedHotPoker

2016-6-20
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

My avatar is still not showing for 3 days now!

WHY? WHY? WHY?
2016-6-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-6-21 14:02

WHY? WHY? WHY?

What on earth does that have to do with the current topic? And why are you shouting at us? Do you imagine you have shouting privileges? Rude buggar.

And if you hit Ctrl/F5 you will probably see your avatar anyway.....
2016-6-20
Use props
Mat_sealy
lvl.1
Germany

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-6-21 05:20
I only use the ...

Lol....what's the OP?
So here's one....if you have firmware updates on the 16gb card, then install it to the aircraft....can you then remove the SD card and use a formatted one? Am only asking cos I thought the .bin file had to stay on the card that's in the aircraft.
2016-6-21
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Canada

Mat_sealy@hotma Posted at 2016-6-21 17:53
Lol....what's the OP?
So here's one....if you have firmware updates on the 16gb card, then install ...

Hi Mat,op= Original Poster or you in this case

Once the .bin file is read and the firmware updates the file can safely be deleted as its a one time deal. Please note if you have more than one battery that each battery needs a firmware update as well, so you will need that file until all your devices are updated.

So get as many SD cards as you want and fill them up!
2016-6-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-6-20 22:02

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Now That, is a cool avatar. Too bad no one else gets to see it. Hahahaha

Same here I figured, <@1week ago... ;-)

Perhaps in the near future?
If you click the old one, you get to sneak preview the latest mask.

RedHotPoker
2016-6-21
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-6-20 20:20
I only use the ...

It took almost a week for my avatar change to appear.  Have patience,  Grasshopper.  Now,  snatch these pebbles from my hand...
2016-6-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Can I use my laser sharp lizard tongue? Said Molly Cyrus...
Seems like an odd arrangement. Similar to some Zappa compositions.
Wait, and wait, and wait some more. Surely it will arrive soon? Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules