Can a falling DJI phantom 3 kill someone?
2316 14 2016-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
febriantoarbi
lvl.1

Indonesia

i wanna try to fly more than 200m in height later, and just wondering if suddenly it fails and drops from that height. would it be able to break someone's skull?  
2016-6-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you are worried about that, perhaps you should take up knitting as a hobby, far safer.
2016-6-19
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Yes, I think so.  If direct impact doesn't kill the person, he or she can fall down with head hitting the ground and die.  

So avoid populous area.
2016-6-19
Use props
Khsalum83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3862808 ft

Even from 50 feet it will hit someone's head at a speed of 57 feet per second. So, almost 3 pounds impacting at roughly 40 mph certainly seems capable of inflicting a fatal blow to the head
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I definitely think it can from that height.
2016-6-20
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Rule of thumb is to avoid flying over people and also traffic.  In the event of a falling drone, it could cause harm so always take precautions not to fly above something dangerous.
2016-6-20
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-21 02:30
Rule of thumb is to avoid flying over people and also traffic.  In the event of a falling drone, it  ...

What he said.
2016-6-20
Use props
shayanza
lvl.1

United States

Another thing to add- not only do you not want to fly over someone because it's not safe, drone has a mechanical failure, etc, it could also be grounds for a lawsuit (depending on circumstances, state, country). Whatever you do just remember that a drone is not a toy, it's an aircraft and it should be treated as such. Happy flying
2016-6-20
Use props
SwedishDroneDud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164098 ft

Sweden

It could be dangerous but you should always fly in a area where if an accident acours it´s only you that can be injured.
2016-6-20
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

To be truly safe you should get flight insurance.  Real airplane operators have this and they DO fly over people and every once in a while they crash on people.  That's when the insurance kicks in.  Then again you can choose to play the odds.  Probably a better chance to win the Lotto than hit one person in a field, whole field of people much better odds.
2016-6-20
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

SwedishDroneDud Posted at 2016-6-21 04:17
It could be dangerous but you should always fly in a area where if an accident acours it´s only you ...

Here in Australia we are not even allowed to knowingly put ourselves in danger, witch I think is a good thing I also think it a bit sad that they actually have to say this at all, so as to your statement I would say you should only fly in areas where  nobody could get hurt.
2016-6-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know about killing someone but, they sure could get hurt. This is why we stress pi;to skills and responsibility. Try not to fly over people and private property, Be aware of your surroundings and keep your Drone in excellent shape. We don't want to injure anyone.
2016-6-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sounds to me, like a bunch of unwary people, should be wearing hard hats and/or helmets... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-6-20
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Why would you even ask such a question?  Are you in to taking chances with other peoples well being?
2016-6-20
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Just saw this on CNN today.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/201 ... -rene-marsh-pkg.cnn
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now