Virgin America carry on drone (domestic flight)
2859 4 2016-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc.kharrat
New

United States

Has anyone ever traveled with a drone and taken virgin America as their airline. I reached out to them on Twitter and they told me they do not allow drones as carry on or checked. I'm extremely bummed since I'm going to Hawaii for the first time and wanted to use my new P4. I was ready to have my pelican case with lipo bags for the batteries. Can someone please give me some insight on traveling with a drone and if they've ever flown with virgin America. Thank you.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Marc, I'd suggest you to get in touch with the staffs of Virgin America for more details and rules.
2016-6-22
Use props
marc.kharrat
New

Hey thanks for the reply, problem is I checked with them on the phone and they didn't know so they gave me a number to call, turned out to be the TSA. So that sead ended, especially since I've heard that as long as the batteries are depleted and in lipo bags and separated, I should be good.
2016-6-22
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

marc.kharrat Posted at 2016-6-23 15:10
Hey thanks for the reply, problem is I checked with them on the phone and they didn't know so they g ...

The airline won't be checking your carry-on luggage - the TSA will be and the TSA scanners at airports let many Phantoms through every day without a second glance at them.
Plus the TSA and no airline have ever suggested that you discharge batteries or use Lipo bags.

No-one cares about your Phantom because drones aren't on any list of banned items on planes.
Go to your airline's website and search there for batteries to see what their policy is.
If it's like every other airline, all it will say is ... batteries must be in carry on.
2016-6-23
Use props
4k Drone
New
United States

TSA and the airlines say anything under 100 Wh battery can be a carry on. I fly all the time with my drone. DJI phantom 3 professional has a 68 Wh batteries.
2016-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules