New P3 Professional Loses All Connection at 70 foot Altitude
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimothyReese
New
United States

Hey everyone,

I've tried to diagnose this myself, and I'm intending to relink the transmitter tonight, but on my first flight out today I wasn't able to maintain connection at anything over 70 feet. I'm in a park, next to a bay, absolutely no electrical anything near me, and trees aren't over 45 feet in height.

I've got it in beginner mode, and I could send it out to that boundary, X/Y but once I tried to take it to the maximum beginner mode altitude, it continually lost connection with the transmitter. It would hit 70~ feet, lose connection, go into a failsafe descent, and then reconnect at around 55 feet with 5 bars.

I've got the most recent firmware for everything, had the antenna in a variety of positions (besides the recommended ones), and managed to recreate the issue 8 times with two different batteries. Running the DJI Go app, have my iPhone 6 WiFi and Bluetooth off.

Does this sound like something re-linking could fix? Or should I just go ahead and contact support?
2016-6-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Don't fly it directly overhead, as that gives very poor antenna reception.
How are you orientating those two antenna?

RedHotPoker
2016-6-23
Use props
TimothyReese
New
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-6-24 03:54
Don't fly it directly overhead, as that gives very poor antenna reception.
How are you orientating t ...

Should have clarified that as well, it wasn't directly overhead. It was about 30 feet in front of me.

Antennas were parallel, tried them at the 3-4 angles they naturally "click" into when you adjust them.
2016-6-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Doesn't matter where they click, but how they are situated in relation to the drone.
@DJI put together this little instructional video on best antenna placement, that is actually right on the money.
Have you already watched this?

RedHotPoker
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties, please watch this video and see if it helps you.
What device are you using, below is a list of the DJI recommended devices.

iOS Version v2.8.3.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

2016-6-23
Use props
jsmarks12302
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1653468 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-23 17:00
I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties, please watch this video and see if it helps you.
What d ...

I am having the same problem for the past 2 weeks and it is at all altitudes and I can be 10 ft away and no connection.
I have a p3p I have the latest IOS on my iPad Air 2. I haven't upgraded yet to the latest firmware. It seems when it gets flying it happens after it has been flying for 5 minutes.
DJI Facebook support gave me recommended changes to my go ap and it didn't help. I have heard about this from many other phantom owners.  The next thing that support told me is to switch devices from iPad to another device. I will try the note 4 but I have always had freeze issues with the Samsung.
2016-6-23
Use props
jsmarks12302
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1653468 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-23 17:00
What d ...

I am having the same problem for the past 2 weeks and it is at all altitudes and I can be 10 ft away and no connection.
I have a p3p I have the latest IOS on my iPad Air 2. I haven't upgraded yet to the latest firmware. It seems when it gets flying it happens after it has been flying for 5 minutes.
DJI Facebook support gave me recommended changes to my go ap and it didn't help. I have heard about this from many other phantom owners.  The next thing that support told me is to switch devices from iPad to another device. I will try the note 4 but I have always had freeze issues with the Samsung.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jsmarks12302 Posted at 2016-6-24 05:44
I am having the same problem for the past 2 weeks and it is at all altitudes and I can be 10 ft aw ...

I would suggest sending it in. Your iPad Air2 is plenty enough.
And if you've already been through all the troubleshooting steps and know it's not the USB cable, your device, USB port, then maybe you need to send it in.
Try updating the firmware as well.
2016-6-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jsmarks12302 Posted at 2016-6-24 07:43
I am having the same problem for the past 2 weeks and it is at all altitudes and I can be 10 ft aw ...

Take a look at the radio channel display on your device and see if there are a lot of active signals in your area. Loss of signal does not always means what it says, it can also be the RC unit saying 'I can't find an interferrence-free channel to select'.
2016-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules