Way Point Drone-Lapse
2040 7 2016-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jordanw
lvl.1

Canada

I have been interested in trying to develop a waypoint based timelapse video and I am wondering if anyone has ever tried such a thing. I work for a construction company and we are building a project for our local college and I am envisioning flying the same waypoint flight at least once a week for the duration of a two year project. I have not seen anything like this online yet, the closest thing to a timelapse i have seen is just leaving the drone in the same location for an entire battery, and speeding up the footage.
If anyone has any ideas or tips on how to make this a successful project it would be most appreciated.
Thanks

2016-6-23
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

That can certainly be done. Just save the course as a favorite and run it over and over again. You will have to handle gimbal and camera operation, but the bird will fly itself exactly the same way every time.
I suggest that you record many waypoints. There can be up to 100 on a mission and they only have to be 5m apart. The more you have the smoother the execution of the mission.
2016-6-23
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

I always want to do the drone-lapse. but is there a way can the drone to take a pic itself when it hit the way-point? any third-party app can do that? Litchi or autopilot?

Howie
2016-7-5
Use props
janrunejohansen
lvl.1

Norway

You can do this with both Litchi and Autopilot. Just make a waypoint mission with POI's (Point of interest), and then just run that mission everytime.
2016-7-5
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

janrunejohansen Posted at 2016-7-5 10:54
You can do this with both Litchi and Autopilot. Just make a waypoint mission with POI's (Point of in ...

Actually, easier than that in autopilot would be to just use the target mode and save that flightplan, as waypoint requires two points, target is just one point.
2016-7-5
Use props
JJ_2016
lvl.1

Norway

adam1 Posted at 2016-7-5 17:59
Actually, easier than that in autopilot would be to just use the target mode and save that flight ...

That reminds me i need to get an Ipad soon. I would really like to play a little with Autopilot.
2016-7-5
Use props
jordanw
lvl.1

Canada

I have been attempting this with recording the entire flight using video, and will attempt to use <.3> of a second of each flight. I have roughly 25 flights so far, and haven't attempted editing them together yet. I am at a critical point in the project that I either need to commit to exactly what I am doing now, or rethink the entire process.
2016-7-5
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

just got Autopilot, the easier way to do this is to use camera trigger on each waypoint. still learn the tips for Autopilot, the more I learn, the much better feeling I choose the right app. Autopilot got lots of feature in order to allow me to do drone-lapse for a construction site.

Howie
2016-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules