New P4 - No Image Transmission, Assistant won't connect
1114 5 2016-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
conway5400
New

Mexico

Hi -

I got a new Phantom 4 yesterday. Unboxed it and hooked up my iPad and controller. Turned on DJI GO app, and it said "Camera connected". Clicked on Camera and full controls came up - including gimbal control. BUT NO IMAGE. Error at the top simply says "No image transmission". No errors reported in the settings list. I even took a picture and it saved to the SD card in perfect quality.

I went to the firmware list and controller is running latest version (2.8.1) and DJI APP is running latest version (1.6). Under drone firmware, it says "Version unknown".

I have removed SD card completely and still problem. I have also tried other SD cards and same problem.

I have tried with different batteries and still problem. I have tried different USB cables and same problem.

I tried on a different iPad and got same problem. I tried on 2 Android devices, and couldn't even get to the controls part. It just says "How to connect" as if waiting for it to plug in.

I installed the DJI Assistant 2 App on my MacBook and plugged micro usb into the drone and turned on. DJI Assistant App just sits idle and says to plug in USB cable.

Nothing even appears in the USB device list under system report when plugged in.

Other symptoms include:
-LED light light (small one) blinks a quick order of red, green, yellow and repeat indefinitely.
-Main leds blink normal green once GPS has been acquired.
-When turning off, takes excessively long to turn off. The green ring on the battery stays lit about 15 seconds. (I've flown other P4s and dont' remember this behavior)

Please, if anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I am sorry you are experiencing an issue.
Here is a video for Mac firmware updating.
The SD card has nothing to do with firmware on the P4.
The latest app versions for IOS is 2.8.3 and for Android it's 2.8.1
For the controller/aircraft the latest is, controller 1.6 and aircraft 1.1.4.11
If you download the latest Android and IOS app you should be ok and get into camera view and have video.

2016-6-24
Use props
conway5400
New

Mexico

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 02:17
The SD card has ...

Ken -

Thx for the response.

I was referring to the SD card to say that I've tried removing the SD card as troubleshooting - not for the firmware.

I have upgraded both the iOS & Android app to latest version and it still has the problem. I cannot even tell you what the aircraft firmware is as it only says "FIRMWARE UNKNOWN"
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

conway5400@gmai Posted at 2016-6-25 02:36
Ken -

Thx for the response.

What happens when you plug it into the computer, can you post screen shots.
2016-6-24
Use props
jpdomanski
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-24 14:17
The SD card has ...

Can you send me this video link? I am having the same issue. The phantom won't connect with my mac. Thanks
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jpdomanski@iclo Posted at 2016-6-30 10:03
Can you send me this video link? I am having the same issue. The phantom won't connect with my mac ...

Sorry,
Here is the link.

2016-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules