can't link lightbridge 2
4012 12 2016-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cineheli
New

Switzerland

I'v got a new a3 system with lightbridge 2 and I can't link the remote with the copter.

LB2 receiver is plugged to port 5 of the A3 controller. But there is no light indicating that the receiver is running.

I start the remote, connect the ipad tell in the dji Go to link the remote. It beeps every second. On LB receiver I press the link-button. But nothing is happening. There is no light on the LB telling me it is running. Can I see somwhere in the software if LB is available?

Thanks

2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In order to better assist you, I would need additional information. What platform are you installing the A3 and Lightbridge 2 on? Do you use a gimbal? Have you upgraded all the components to the latest firmware? Do you see any error messages in the Assistant 2 Software? What are you seeing in the DJI Go app?
2016-6-24
Use props
cineheli
New

Switzerland

Dear Jamie
Thanks for getting back. I don't see any other error message in the assistant 2, than that IMU and GPS are not calibrated yet (little yellow triangle with exclamation mark). Firmware seems to be uptodate. There is no camera mounted yet. In the DJI Go app I don't see much, only the controls for the remote. Guess I first have to bind the system? The frame is an own construction, a hexa with the DJI E800 motors and ESCs.

Maybe the lightbridge receiver or the cable is dead? How can I find out?
2016-6-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you have the LB2 set up to CAN 1?  That is what supplies the power to the unit.  Voltage cannot exceed 9v.
2016-6-25
Use props
cineheli
New

Switzerland

First connection of the LB is going to the RF-Post at the lower right of the A3 (No.5 in the A3-manual). Shouldn't this connection already be sufficient?
Second cable I run from the Gimbal port to the CAN2 port at the upper right of the A3 (No.11 in the A3-manual).
I didn't see any connecton diagram of the LB yet. Just following the markings on the devices and the manuals. Am I doing anything wrong?
2016-6-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What gimbal are you using?  The G7 cable should run from the gimbal to the LB2 and it should have a Y in the cable to connect to the Can Bus.  Page 17 of the manual, http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/l ... Manual_en_V1.2.pdf.
2016-6-26
Use props
cineheli
New

Switzerland

I plan on useing the X5, that is sitting next to me. So far, I am still waiting for the adapter plate to the matrice for the X5. I accidentally bought the wrong adapter plate to the inspire that doesn't connect with the provided cable. So no gimbal is connected yet.
2016-6-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You will have to replace the top plate and if your battery is mounted on the bottom, it will have to be moved to the top.  The connections are different on the M100 you will only hve to connect the G8 and G7 cables to the N1.
2016-6-26
Use props
cineheli
New

Switzerland

The battery is sitting on the top, but I don't see what this has to do with the link-problem of lightbridge?
What is the G7, G8 and the N1, please?
My question remains, How can I connect the lb2 to to the A3 controller and link it to the remote? And – why is the CTRL-indicator not illuminated? Seems there is no power on the LB.

2016-6-26
Use props
cineheli
New

Switzerland

I now received the X5 mounting plate for the matrice. The plate has a power connector. Maybe that's what's supposed to power the lightbridge? There is no manual provided with the shipment. Also online I can't find anything. What voltage goes into that plug? Can I plug 6s (22.2V)?

Thanks.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

cineheli Posted at 2016-6-27 20:16
I now received the X5 mounting plate for the matrice. The plate has a power connector. Maybe that's  ...

Just to clarify, do you have the X Mounting Kit for the M600 or the XS bracket for the M100? Since you're using the A3 Flight Controller, you would follow the cable connection guidelings for the M600. The information starts at page 16:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _v1.0_en_160523.pdf

2016-6-28
Use props
joebelial
New
Colombia

Same issue here. Can't link the Air system to the ground. Don't see any light blinking or still in the Air System.
2016-10-21
Use props
arrowflighttech
New
United States

Did anyone solve this yet?
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules