Inspire 1 reset button location
11741 19 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terrygar
lvl.1
United States

Hello is there a reset button on the Inspire1 like the phantom 3 has? If so then maybe I can reinstall the firmware I screwed up doing yesterday, all I get now is a loud noise from the props when I try to reinstall the latest firmware on a clean card to the plane.
2016-6-26
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had read post on this topic, there is a RED button on the left side of the aircraft behind the nose as you're looking at it. Not sure what the reset button does, what level of reset occurs.
2016-6-26
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

The red button on the left is for linking to the remote. I don't believe there is a "reset" button.
Try downloading the latest FW again onto a freshly formatted SD card and try again.
You say you get a loud noise from the "props", what sort of noise? Can you post a video clip?
2016-6-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

terry, there is no reset button on the Inspire but if you are talking about the radio linking button yes it has one just like the Phantom's.
I have the photo to show you the tiny red button on the right side. follow the instruction manual for re-linking the RC in the manual.

PS did you post like 4 or 5 threads with the same problem? It might help to stick to one thread so everyone can help you while seeing the other posted information.

IMG_7282.JPG

Rich
2016-6-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I dont understand the loud  nose on the props you referr to . Is it a sold update tone  like ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd?  and is this when trying to update or just when you turn it on with NO SD card in it ?  

Did you try what I suggested and just load the correct FW on the Aircraft and leave it alone for a Good hour to see if it will update ?   The Tones are nice as a guidline but dont always work .

give it a try and see if it works.

There is No Reset for the Aircraft , once again be careful , you dont want to dig a deeper Hole either.

I am sorry you are having trouble .
Also stick to one thread , this is getting confusing , there will be more help for you on Monday as well, but stay with one thread not 5 .

donnie
2016-6-26
Use props
terrygar
lvl.1
United States

OK THANKS TO ALL, I was freaked out because this $2500 toy needs to work.

Now I got the plane working after doing exactly what you all said and waiting 30 minutes, the txt file on the card said success!!! Thanks

Now I'm trying to update the transmitter, several Utube tutorials show that you just take the sd card from the plane, put it in a carrier and place it in the back of the transmitter and turn on the transmitter. Well that did not work.
So I turned on the transmitter, then the plane then connected the tablet to the transmitter. Well the DJI app will only show "how to connect" on the screen, not camera view, so no update!!!
I use the tablet for my phantom 3 also, so just for kicks I scrolled over to the Phantom 3 image and it showed camera view.
DOES THIS MEAN you need a specific tablet for each plane??????
2016-6-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

terrygar Posted at 2016-6-26 15:58

Now I got the plane worki ...

Just hook up your go app device  with the RC transmitter , turn them both on  ( aircraft is off ) make sure you have a solid wi fi connection to the go app device .  With the system on it should notify you that an update is necessary , just follow the instructions .  You may need to register with DJI first  when you turn on the system . Make sure you have a cable connection between the Go app and RC transmitter .
You do not need a seperate tablet for each plane .

Make sure aircraft is OFF

try it this way first

donnie

2016-6-26
Use props
terrygar
lvl.1
United States

OK will try
2016-6-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

terrygar Posted at 2016-6-26 13:58

Now I got the plane worki ...

terry did you already activate the Inspire before all of this FW updating? Please remember that if you update the remote DO NOT HAVE THE INSPIRE TURNED ON.

hope you get it going
Rich
2016-6-26
Use props
terrygar
lvl.1
United States

OK  I started the tablet and had great wifi, updated the DJI app and when finished I started the transmitter then connected the transmitter to tablet and in the dji go app its show a camera icon under phantom 3 but "how to connect" under the Inspire Icon. After 5 minutes the transmitter is beeping????? And the app is still in inspire how to connect mode no camera access, what now
2016-6-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

terrygar Posted at 2016-6-26 17:13
OK  I started the tablet and had great wifi, updated the DJI app and when finished I started the t ...

The remote will shutdown after it has been sitting with lack of use and then start beeping.. normal. The remote should turned on and the iPad connected will let you connect to the Go App under the Inspire 1 icon. I am not sure why you are not connecting to the DJI Go App... try another USB cable to the remote... Do you have another Slave remote? you can try the second remote and see if you can get this to work.

PS:  The Inspire remote is not being detected for some reason by the Go App... okay you are using the Inspire 1 remote correct? I have the P3P and P4 and all of these will let you access camera mode even if the remote is not connected to the App.

Rich

2016-6-26
Use props
jason
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-26 23:47
The remote will shutdown after it has been sitting with lack of use and then start beeping.. norma ...

Did you go into the iPad's setting/wifi, and connect to the Inspire? I haven't read all of the other topics that this was posted under, but I'm also not seeing anyone confirming you're connecting to the Inspires wifi, and not your home network or cellular connection. Just a thought, sorry if I'm jumping in too late.
2016-6-26
Use props
jason
lvl.1

United States

jason@caveracin Posted at 2016-6-27 00:02
Did you go into the iPad's setting/wifi, and connect to the Inspire? I haven't read all of the oth ...

Disregard, I'm playing with the OSMO, and got discombobulated. I'll just pretend that didn't happen, sorry about that!
2016-6-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jason@caveracin Posted at 2016-6-26 21:06
Disregard, I'm playing with the OSMO, and got discombobulated. I'll just pretend that didn't happe ...

no worries Jason.... it happens to all of us. Lots to keep track of

Rich
2016-6-26
Use props
terrygar
lvl.1
United States

What, does the Inspire 1 have its own wifi??????
2016-6-27
Use props
terrygar
lvl.1
United States

Hello well DJI told me that my Samsung tablet (which works perfect with my phantom 3 adv) will not work with the inspire, is that true???
2016-6-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

terrygar Posted at 2016-6-27 03:32
What, does the Inspire 1 have its own wifi??????

no this was an error

2016-6-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

terrygar Posted at 2016-6-27 12:26
Hello well DJI told me that my Samsung tablet (which works perfect with my phantom 3 adv) will not w ...

sounds like you found your problem. Only the tablets and phones that are on the DJI compatible list work with the Go App using Lightbridge. Glad you were able to figure this out

Rich
2016-6-27
Use props
terrygar
lvl.1
United States

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP HERE. I will keep you posted on the result of the new ipad hook up when it arrives. I tried to lower the legs back to travel mode yesterday but it would not go down, so I hope the new ipad will talk to the transmitter and I can lower it from the ipad.
Terry
2016-6-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

terrygar Posted at 2016-6-28 20:29
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP HERE. I will keep you posted on the result of the new ipad hook up when it a ...

Because the RC is not updated, it will not communicate with the aircraft until both are current. It's definitely recommended to use a device that is on the recommended list, however, there is one more thing you can check is whether you have USB debugging still enabled and that your battery icon shows that it's receiving power. When in the GO app, you can hold the Academy button for 10 seconds to see whether the app recognized the RC and will allow for you to update or downgrade the component. Of course, you would still need to ensure that you have a solid internet connection on your device and that the aircraft remains off. It this does not produce results, then you may need to wait until you receive your iPad.
2016-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules