HELP! "no image transmission signal"
7468 24 2016-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user9077db5e64
New

Canada

I have had my phantom 3 professional for about a week and a half and this is the screen I got when I go to use it now .... please help
image.png
2016-6-28
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer

Have you done all your firmware updates? Have you used it before and it was working OK? If so, did something in particular happen between these times? Does it still fire up and fly? A little more info would be helpful.

Barney
2016-6-28
Use props
user9077db5e64
New

Canada

It has all the up to date firmware. It was working fine then I had forgotten to put the original SD card in it when I went on a road trip so I put my GoPro one in and thats when this screen popped up. I have tried putting the original SD card back in once I arrived back home and this same screen pops up. I tried downgrading firmware then upgrading but everything seems to be failing and working. If I take out the .bin file from the SD card I am able to start the aircraft up and fly it into the air. I landed it once then all of a sudden only 2 of the propellers were running but I didnt know and I went to takeoff again and it went straight. Therefore the only thing that would have caused this was the SD card switch because it was working fine the day before and when I took the footage off it then left it on my table thats when I put the GoPro SD card in while away from home.

Hope this helped.
2016-6-28
Use props
coleholley-sp
New

United States

Same issue here.. I've seen one guy fix his issue by replacing the gimbal board. I have tried everything besides replace parts with no luck. Drone flys great still and still records videos, you just can't see the camera feed. New update sucks.
2016-6-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello user9077db5e64, could you please post the hidden upgrade log here?The log can be found by these steps:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-6-28
Use props
TheStudio336
New

United States

I've got the same problem except my black screen has the DJI logo in the middle of it.  I've had my Phantom 3 for months and everything was working fine and great including while I was flying it yesterday.  I brought it in put it on my table and turned it off.  When I turned it back on it says "No Image Transmission Signal" at the top with DJI logo in the middle.  I turned it off, turned it back on today and still no picture in the camera.  I try to reformat the SD Card.  It says SD format failed as camera is busy.  And nothing even happened to it.  I don't understand.  PLEASE HELP!!! I've got a shoot in the morning and everyone is depending on this Drone.  TERRIBLE TIMING!!!
2016-6-30
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

TheStudio336@gm Posted at 2016-6-30 21:25
I've got the same problem except my black screen has the DJI logo in the middle of it.  I've had my  ...

Read my posts
You may find an answer
2016-6-30
Use props
mike.amundson89
New
United States

coleholley-sp Posted at 2016-6-28 20:58
Same issue here.. I've seen one guy fix his issue by replacing the gimbal board. I have tried everyt ...

I have the same problem with the no video transmission.  The crazy thing is I can fly and video and take pictures with the drone yet.  I am just flying blind on the app.  I have to pull the card and download then view what I did.  

I see a lot of these posts but no replies.  Has anyone figured out what is going on.?
2016-6-30
Use props
Alexdurso
New

United States

Same issue here. One day it was fine, the next day i got the error message.
2016-6-30
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

Change your HDMI settings
2016-6-30
Use props
Alexdurso
New

United States

Change them to what?
2016-6-30
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

As I only have a phantom 3standard which doesn't have the HDMI connection
Find the options for your HDMI port and change it to the opposite of what it is in now
I am not sure of the names but I think there is only two options
If that doesn't work and you are confident in electronic maintenance I believe you can remove the HDMI bord and go back to a usb connection
If not and you have tried the first option then contact Dji's support online in this Dji go app
Good luck
2016-6-30
Use props
tom.purvis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 466 ft
United States

I had been having the same issue.  I tried to update my firmware to v1.8 and it kept failing on me.  So, I turned it on to see if it still worked, and I got the "no image transmission" error as well.  No video feed at all.  So, I contacted DJI, and they said to send it in to have it repaired.  This morning, I got a quote of $311 to repair the Gimbal Control Component (adv).  I've owned this drone since July of 2015, so apparently the part isn't covered under warranty.  

However, I have never crashed the drone.  I've honestly flown it 10-15 times total in (1) year.   It was working great before I tried to update the FW, and now it simply stopped working.  And I have to pay $311 for it!! This is horrible.  I spent $1259 on this P3P shortly after it came out last July.  What good is buying an expensive DJI product when it simply stops working within a year due to no error on my part, and I have to foot the bill!  DJI, I really hope you're listening, because I shouldn't have to pay this.  Yes, its not under warrantly, but the product was faulty.  How can you sell a product and not back it up past 6 months.  This part was covered for a mere 6 months!!

Really hoping there is another fix out there.  Has anyone found anything??
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

tom.purvis Posted at 2016-7-1 03:35
I had been having the same issue.  I tried to update my firmware to v1.8 and it kept failing on me.  ...

Tom,
I am very sorry about the situation.
The warranty is the warranty BUT, let me see if there's anything I can do.
They have the final say but I'll at least talk to them, and that's all I can offer.
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

tom.purvis Posted at 2016-7-1 03:35
I had been having the same issue.  I tried to update my firmware to v1.8 and it kept failing on me.  ...

Tom,
I was able to have a conversation with the customer service manager and also the repair center manager.
What they came up with was a discount of 50% off your repair bill.
They will edit the invoice and you can email reply to the ticket for payment.
I'm sorry I wasn't able to get it repaired at no charge, but I think the discount will really help.
2016-6-30
Use props
warehousemaxsim
lvl.1

I's NOT the HDMI cable or board.... try clicking the reset button that is next to the red/green light on the right side of the drone (if battery is facing you and camera is facing away). You will need a pen or something small to fit into the tiny slot to press the reset button.
Now please keep in mind that I previously clicked the C1 + C2 + picture/photo button and I also deleted the aps and reloaded them etc but nothing worked until I pushed that reset button. Also note that my wifi, blue tooth and all normal options were set and had no bearing on whether the video appeared on iPAD so you may wish to ignore those who say to turn them all off.
2016-6-30
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

same issue here, its pretty weird that a lot of people are experiencing the same issues all at once roughly a year out from purchase. It begs belief that you only get a 6 month warranty on particular parts for an item that i paid in excess of $2500 AU dollars! very very disappointing, i have purchased numerous camera tech and gimbals from other companies, they all last well beyond 12 months minimum and have a warranty to match, i couldn't even imagine if i had spent $8000+ on an inspire to have the same issue after a year??

I will be contacting DJI support for repair and will be mentioning the discount given above as my situation is exactly the same. i shouldn't have to fork out another 1/4 of what i paid just to keep the drone going beyond 1 year. I have been a long time supporter of DJI also, starting right back at Phantom 1.
2016-7-12
Use props
ThatMarriedGuy
lvl.1

United States

Same here, started a few weeks ago on my p3p. Seems to be right after I updated my firmware. I'm just under a year old and take very good care of my drone, no crashes or anything that would make me think hardware would be involved.

200' in the middle of the ocean, flying around on the beach, my backyard... lost signal or seriously lagging signal. Really frustrating and certainly something I haven't been experiencing. I thought maybe it was just a bad fireware patch but now after reading so much I'm thinking about contacting support. I'd hate for there to be an issue and I lose the whole thing.
2016-7-13
Use props
luiscghio
New

Venezuela

I have the same problem. I chat with DJI and told me to send the drone to repair. I'm in Venezuela and it's very difficult to send it to USA. This happens as soon as I dis the firmware  upgrade. I only have 7 month with the drone.
I can't downgrade the FW because after 10 sec of No image transmission the gimbal powers off and never start to do the FW downgrade.
2016-7-16
Use props
luiscghio
New

Venezuela

I have the same problem. I chat with DJI and told me to send the drone to repair. I'm in Venezuela and it's very difficult to send it to USA. This happens as soon as I dis the firmware  upgrade. I only have 7 month with the drone.
I can't downgrade the FW because after 10 sec of No image transmission the gimbal powers off and never start to do the FW downgrade.
2016-7-16
Use props
maxangulo
New

Costa Rica

Same problem here, i'm trying to find wich part is the problem and trying to find a new one to repace, but I need to know if is the gimbal board, or the ESC Center Board, or the OFDM Module.

I can fly the bird, take photos and video and save it to the micro sd card but no video transmission to my app.

please help, I'm outside US and can't send it to service.
2017-1-7
Use props
fans40298730
lvl.1

United States

maxangulo Posted at 2017-1-7 15:19
Same problem here, i'm trying to find wich part is the problem and trying to find a new one to repace, but I need to know if is the gimbal board, or the ESC Center Board, or the OFDM Module.

I can fly the bird, take photos and video and save it to the micro sd card but no video transmission to my app.

I just purchased the x5, i have the same problem.
2017-1-14
Use props
Tarmo Mikussaar
New

Estonia

Hy! I'm having the same issue with my Phantom 3 Pro. A few days ago all working excellently, but after latest firmware update and new app i lost connection with cam. Accurately, DJI app is not show me live view picture from aircrafr cam. All other functions, including 4K video or photos recording in SD and cam control, working fineli. I'm using the same equipment and cables. It appears that it is a software error.   
2017-1-14
Use props
fans41033f6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1141201 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is what I found. A couple of weeks back I got an error on my Pro that said Gimbal Disconnected. I did a quick internet search and someone suggested check the memory card. Now I also saw that someone replied in your post saying they changed memory cards and they started to have your issue.
I reseated memory card and the error went away.

Today I just went to fly and it said no image transmission but I could move the camera and operate the drone. I turned off my controller and quad and same issue. I pulled and reseated the memory card and bang video came back. It could have been luck. Hopefully mine is not having any issue as I have had it for about 5 months or so.

I would suggest try to pull the memory card and start up the controller and drone and see if you get video.

Hope this helps anyone that may have that issue.

Scott
2017-1-14
Use props
RGM129
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-28 20:10
Hello user9077db5e64, could you please post the hidden upgrade log here?The log can be found by these steps:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:

I have new phantom pro  out of the box live camera view not working. The bird did fly but now video. I did see some picture off the sd card. I have tried updating and I think I messed that up. I have been reading a lot on here and I am brand new at this thank you.
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules