Phantom 3 Advanced Gimbal control circuit board
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martinpamor
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It appears to me that when a crash occurs resulting in camera impact damage, components such as the gimbal yaw arm bracket can suffer breakage.  In addition these parts can impact onto the soft protective cover on the Gimbal circuit board. Such an impact can damage semiconductor devices on this board but one device in question is a thin black rectangular device marked on the circuit board to the left of the device saying U3_Rx.  Personally I think it is a Receiver Crystal worth only a small amount of money to buy and could be resoldered in by most People.  Or if needed a speciallised shop.

Unfortunately, every time one of these damage accidents occur, the recource is either to send the Aircraft to DJI for evaluation, and that cost and repair (and time) ends up with a large bill.  The other alternative is having to buy a new Gimbal control circuit board but this also has to come with the camera (which in most cases is not wanted) and again makes it very expensive.

So my question are; Why cant DJI just supply the Gimbal control circuit board on its own? Can we purchase the device from anywhere? Finally, does any one else have a solution to this problem?
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Martin, unfortunately the gimbal parts are not available on our official online store and it is recommended to send it in for fixing after the crash. Also, I've heard that some dealers sell the parts in amazon or ebay. You can give it a try to search.
2016-6-29
Use props
martinpamor
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-30 05:29
Hello Martin, unfortunately the gimbal parts are not available on our official online store and it i ...

Thanks for your reply.  I do realise that these parts are not available from the official online store.  There are a lot of us though who are quite capable of in the best case scenario to solder in a new component.  If that is not available to us then at least allow the Gimbal control circuit board to be available without the camera.  If the camera is ok why do I need another one?
Martin
2016-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules