Phantom 4 will not update
606 5 2016-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zilberlicht
New

Israel

Tried over 10 times upgrading firmware via DJI assistant 2 / DJI GO app - tried removing and reinstalling no dice!

what should I do?
2016-7-2
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

If you want help, you need to post more information.  What exactly happens?  When did the problem start?  Has your P4 connected to DJI app and flown before?
2016-7-2
Use props
zilberlicht
New

Israel

ShuanD Posted at 2016-7-2 21:22
If you want help, you need to post more information.  What exactly happens?  When did the problem st ...

I have flown it many times before, not once updated. Refuses to go off the ground as it demands for the latest update.

As for the update itself: all goes well right until the point the update is supposed to begin. Then it just says update failed.
2016-7-2
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

Some times not obvious in  directions is to use the OTG cable to connect to the DJI GO Device through USB cable directly.  RC is not in the loop.
   The several times I have completed it works very well.
2016-7-2
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Me too.  FWIW: The first time I tried to update via Assistant 2 on the Mac, it failed six times until I realized that I needed to install the DJI driver.  After installing the driver, Assistant 2 has worked perfectly.
2016-7-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Assistant 2 works well from a PC if you have one. Install the download plus driver (its part of the install) from P4 downloads page Here

when installed connect P4 to computer via USB and run Assistant 2 and select P4 device, select to update or roll back and it should be fine from there.
2016-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules