Video files will not play
4338 8 2015-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kurtafehling.em
lvl.1
United States

I have been having a problem with some of the video files on my Phantom Vision 2+.  For example, today, I recorded three files (mp4) during one flight.  The first two play fine. The last one will not.  My Windows 7 PC tells gives the following error:  
"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

This has happened each of the last two times I have recorded videos and in each instance, it was the most recent file that would not play.  In each instance, I have recorded three videos.  Not sure if that is helpful but thought I would share it as well.  Any thoughts?

2015-1-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Do you turn off the battery power on the Phantom before you turn off the video recording camera on the phone app?  If you do that, you will corrupt the last video you make.
Always stop the video before you turn off the battery in the Phantom.
2015-1-23
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

That is what is nice about the new 3rd party app DJI Ultimate Flight even though it is in beta, it has a setting that automatically starts video recording on take-off and stops it on landing. I just wish it reported speed and altitude in MPH and feet.
2015-1-23
Use props
kurtafehling.em
lvl.1
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-24 08:51
Do you turn off the battery power on the Phantom before you turn off the video recording camera on t ...

I am not 100% sure but am fairly certain I stopped the recording before I turned it off.  However, I will test your theory and report back.  I am hopeful that is the answer.  

Kurt
2015-1-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kurtafehling.em Posted at 2015-1-24 10:17
I am not 100% sure but am fairly certain I stopped the recording before I turned it off.  However, ...

Always turn the video camera off first,
2015-1-23
Use props
mikelycett.emai
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Haveyou tried putting the memory card back into the phantom? Turn the phantom on, wait a few minutes, start a video(while on the ground), stop the video recording after a few secs. This sometimes repairs corrupt video files. I have done it several times and it works.
2015-1-24
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

If for some reason putting the card back in doesn't work there is a program called DJIFix that might repair the file. When I first started I forgot  a few times to stop the video before powering down
2015-1-24
Use props
mikelycett.emai
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JATO Posted at 2015-1-24 23:29
If for some reason putting the card back in doesn't work there is a program called DJIFix that might ...

Just downloaded and tried myself on a video that putting Memory card back in to the phantom didn't work for- repaired after 30secs or so (900 Meg of video) - Great tip

Many thanks
2015-1-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This has happened to me as well. If you sync the Faulty video to the Phone using the Vision App over the Wifi it imports OK and then sync the Phone with iPhoto. Or the Windows equivalent.

Cheers

2015-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules