Engines won't start P3S
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
badafrgnbang1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356027 ft
  • >>>
United States

I  crashed the P3S it was hovering at 3 -4 ft. when it started veering to the right clipped a bush I picked it up the engines were at a very high rpm. Took it home, took the blades off and wanted to run the engines to see how fast the rpm was. It stopped after 5 seconds. I also had a comass error and told me to calibrate the compass. I tried and I received a message telling me to many object was causing i nterferance. The engines won't start. What do I do?

JC
2016-7-3
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GO outside to a place free of magnetic influence like and open field.
I think you are trying to start it on a concrete floor with rebar in the ground.

And just a note, if you had a bad bump, try and do an IMU to fix any gyro issues.
2016-7-3
Use props
badafrgnbang1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356027 ft
  • >>>
United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-7-3 23:34
GO outside to a place free of magnetic influence like and open field.
I think you are trying to star ...

Small bump but a bump. Will bring to a field tomorrow. Yes I was doing it in a street and inside the house. Should I recalibrate the compass before doing the IMU?
2016-7-3
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

badafrgnbang1 Posted at 2016-7-4 16:42
Small bump but a bump. Will bring to a field tomorrow. Yes I was doing it in a street and inside t ...

Its best practice to do IMU after a bump. IMU you can do anywhere. Best to do indoors on levelled surface and make sure the phantom is cooled and not flown for an hour or so. Try doing the IMU the moment you connect to the phantom. The longer you leave it, the worse the calibration will be.

Compass you should outside in an open grassy field. Never do compass calibrations in your house, near cars, or large buildings.
2016-7-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You are gettintg a compass error because of where you are trying to start the aircraft, it is telling you the aircraft is in a bad location, it does NOT mean you need to do a compass calibration. But if you subsequently tried to do a compass calibration that failed, then you will need to go to an open field to do it again.

2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your accident.
Do the IMU calibration inside on a perfectly level surface. And do the compass calibration outside free from any metal, including metal on you (keys, phone, RC)If you cannot get the IMU or compass calibrated then you possibly damaged something in the crash.
2016-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules