Product quality and customer service
856 7 2016-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicholas.tan
New

Just had the worst experience with Tom and Nick J from DJI support.  Our Inspire 1 charger (which has been used all of 3 times over the past 9 months) has decided to crap out and not charge both the batteries we have and the remote.  They refused to be flexible or even review the charger that's in question, but instead just say that you need to buy a new charger from their website.  I'm glad this company really cares about customer service and making quality products... this after buying a $4,000 drone.  It's too bad my first post had to be a venting post, but if anyone wants to buy a currently useless $4,000 drone (without a charger), I've got one.
2016-7-6
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3

I'll give you $200 for the package.
2016-7-6
Use props
ntlr
New

I'll get more mileage throwing it out of the window and inviting friends over with a baseball bat...
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I do understand your frustration, however, our regional offices must adhere to the warranty periods that are in place via the DJI Website. Once the warrany period has expired, items are unable to be replaced at no cost. The only thing that you can attempt to do in order to further troubleshoot is to try a different outlet or swap out the AC cable in order to determine whether the issue is with that cable or the charging brick itself, but unfortunately the warranty cannot be applied to your case.
2016-7-6
Use props
ntlr
New

I'm surprised by the poor quality of the product.  I've never seen a charger fail after 3 uses, and am frankly quite disappointed.
2016-7-10
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3

ntlr Posted at 2016-7-11 09:30
I'm surprised by the poor quality of the product.  I've never seen a charger fail after 3 uses, and  ...

As with anything electronic or mechanical, it can fail at anytime. Just because the charger failed after 3 uses doesn't mean that the product is poor. Sometimes things just happen. I had the first charger fail on my $3500 MacBook after about 3 months and I think we can all agree that Apple tends to make quality products. Only difference is Apple replaced the charger free of charge.
2016-7-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Over 9 months you only used the charger 3 times ?  That seems odd to me.  Not trying to be smart about this just trying to understand.  Is it possible that the batteries have died ?  this seems more plausible than the Charger failing.

sorry You are having trouble

donnie
2016-7-11
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

If you spent $4k on a Inspire to only fly it 3 times in the past nine months. maybe you should of gotten a Phantom instead. Just saying. Warranty is warranty also. Think about it. They let you slide on the warranty then now they must let everyone slide on that same issue. Also lipos are not fine wine. They do not get better with age. Real question is do those lipos even try to cut on as the batts them self might have died. So before you go buy a new charger, try to turn on a batt by pressing the button once and see if you get and lights from it. If not, then the lipo itself is bad not the charger.
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules