cannot connect to tablet
2334 17 2016-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fixitdave
New

United States

I just bought a samsung galaxy tab s2 8.0 to use just for the phantom 4..Its new i haven't even started the motors yet.
I installed dji go for the android and when i try to connect it will only show the camera on the inspire 1.I have the p4 on the dji go page to connect
then when i turn everything on it goes to the inspire 1 and has camera under it. (camera does not work)..I slide the pic over to the p4 again
and it just shows how to connect....I sure hope I'm explaining this correctly....any help sure would be great....Thanks
2016-7-6
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Have you tried pulling the USB lead out and plugging it in again? Also in your Galaxy's USB settings make sure the MTP box is ticked (if available). Failing that, you could try re-installing the app.
Let us know if any of this fixes it dave.
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You definitely want to ensure that the USB cable is connected properly to your tablet. After that, you want to ensure that you have USB Debugging enabled and the USB is set to MTP mode for media transfers etc. To clarify, were you able to activate your aircraft?
2016-7-6
Use props
fixitdave
New

United States

Thanks for your response...Yes i did try pulling the usb and i have reinstalled the app several times and still does same thing.
I updated firmware from my computer hoping it will do something but no...I do have an ipad (to large for holder on remote) and
installed dji on that and worked fine...My last resort i guess is to take it back and buy something else...
                                   thanks again
2016-7-6
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

I'm sure you must have reset your USB settings.
I've just been through some of the same .. I got litchi app to my PH4 but it would not work. because Dji go work and was standard every time I put the usb cable.
after I got it reset. inside the app Dji go in under the andriod the settings. come on now until whenever USB cable comes in and asks if I want to connect with one or the other app
2016-7-6
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Try another cable... thats what happened to mine, not sure if it was damaged or what but my tablet wouldn't connect ( also samsung), changed my usb cable n it worked, again maybe it was old n damaged
2016-7-6
Use props
fixitdave
New

United States

yes i did activate it and i have looked all thru the settings on my tablet and cannot find anything for the usb...i have got to be missing something..
but usb is connected correctly but the other settings that have been mentioned may be wrong..i just have to find them...lol
2016-7-6
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

if you just bought it, bring it back and ask them to enable the usb debugging, heck bring the P4 n show them what your trying to do, they will at least kno were to find the setting you need to switch
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fixitdave Posted at 2016-7-7 05:49
yes i did activate it and i have looked all thru the settings on my tablet and cannot find anything  ...

When you connect your tablet to the RC, a USB icon should appear at the top of your screen. That's the quickest way to access your USB settings. If you do not see a USB icon, or that your tablet is taking a charge, then it may be an issue with the cable.
2016-7-6
Use props
fixitdave
New

United States

there was a usb icon on the battery...i took my cable that came with the tablet and used that and it did the same thing..
i can connect to my laptop and it does connect to the inspire 1 except the camera wont work. and no i do not have an
inspire 1....i have reloaded the software lost track how many times and i know its not on the supported list of tablets..
I'm kind of at a loss and I'm not attached to it so i really don't care what i have as long as it works...i was just looking for
something that i could put more memory in...any recommendations for a tablet...
2016-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fixitdave Posted at 2016-7-7 09:22
there was a usb icon on the battery...i took my cable that came with the tablet and used that and it ...

I get the impression tghat you are not addressing the issue of the USB mode, as everyone is advising you. If you do not know how to do that, perhaps find someone who is more experienced in these matters and ask them to do it for you. You could use an Apple tablet, as they do not need to have their USB mode adjusted.
2016-7-6
Use props
fixitdave
New

United States

you are correct that i am missing something with the usb settings...for the life of me i cannot find any settings for it...i went online and went thru the
manual and tried to google it..i just cant find it and its driving me crazy...iv e never had an android device but i should still be able to find the settings..
When usb is plugged in i get what looks like a red usb icon on the battery icon and if i tap it nothing comes up....
2016-7-6
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

I have a Galaxy Tab S and have not had any problems.
I have been looking and also don't see any of the USB options others are mentioning on the tablet.
I do have those options on the pc connections.
  I am assuming NEW on both devices.  If so you need to register/activate and set up Tab S2 before doing anything.   You have been ask about activating your account several Times but I don'the see you responding.
So
1.  Set up/activate/register your Galaxy S2 and ensure you have adequate Internet access via wifi.
Turn on your RC, without any connection to your tablet.   Turn on your tablet ,but, do not start GO app.  Plug in USB cable between RC and Tab S2.  You should get a pop up asking you about GO App,.  I don't remember exactly what it says and don't have my P4 available to check.  Click ok.  If you can' get this far then you have a USB issue.  You can download the driver from Samsung Web site and try connecting to your pc to verify/eliminate the Tab S2 and cable.
If you get this far after GO App is started by the automatic process above turn on P4,  you should get a screen change requesting you to activate you DJI account, follow the instructions given.
2016-7-6
Use props
rprachun
lvl.1

Canada

fixitdave Posted at 2016-7-6 20:26
you are correct that i am missing something with the usb settings...for the life of me i cannot find ...

Hi Fixitdave. I have two of these tablets and they work great. Use one for a Phantom 3 Pro and one for my Inspire 1 Pro.

1) What Android version are you using on the Samsung?
2) Do you have "developer mode" active on the tablet?
3) Agree with others...change the USB cable!! They are very prone to poor quality these days.

Cheers

Ray
2016-7-6
Use props
fixitdave
New

United States

i just reset the tablet and tried it all again and its connecting but it just keeps going to the inspire 1 ...that's what it does every time i try to connect
so my usb has to be working and before i have to buy 2 tablets because i break this one i think i should take this one back and go with i pad...

Thanks for all your responses i really appreciate all the help you provided.........thank you
2016-7-6
Use props
fixitdave
New

United States

rprachun

i have tried 2 different cables..the one that came with p4 and the one that came with tablet
sorry i just reset to factory again...everything was updated i just bought it today..like i say,it was connecting but it would automatically go to the inspire 1 and it would have camera
under that one instead of the p4...every time
i can see it will work on the inspire (cause it keeps switching to it) and probably the p3 but it just does not want to go on the p4.....
2016-7-6
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

The first screen that comes up showing Inspire 1 is a default screen.  You should be able to swipe across just below at the dots and see the any model available. THEN  get connecting Instructions for that model.
I  am not sure what you mean by connecting/not connecting.
Worth asking is How many white LED dots and what color is the Red/Green Led on the RC?  How many Green LEDs are on on the P4?
2016-7-6
Use props
fixitdave
New

United States

well i finally got it..!!!!!!!!!!!
i downloaded dji go 2.8.1
i also enabled the usb debugging
then it worked fine..i haven't flown it yet but at least now I'm connected....thank you all very much..you guys have been very patient and helpful
some of us newbees really appreciate this help..........thanks again
2016-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules