Poor P3A Camera Quality
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mr.friedman22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22927 ft
Israel

As a photographer and editor, I am extremely disappointed with my P3A image quality. Soft, blurry, not a pro quality camera as advertised by any means, not anywhere near it. I can't get a sharp image in stills or in video and even stills taken from video clips are awful. I tested it sitting on the ground with no props on it, motors off, just the remote control and the body powered on. And yes, the clear screw on lens filter is off, plastic lens protector removed... yes. No other possible issues other than the capabilities of the camera.
The dealer claims maybe I am expecting too much from the camera but no... I know what the quality should look like... I'm definitely not trying to compare it to an 18MP DSLR but the quality should look way better.
I went to the dealer I purchased my drone from, they installed me an old (not brand new) camera of the owner that he does not use to try and compare to the camera I got with my drone but still I do not experience ANY difference... The quality is very poor.

The thing is I have seen some really sharp and beautiful photos and videos from other owners so I can only imagine if you get a good camera you are a lucky one, and you can also be unlucky and get a crap one as I did.
I have a GoPro Hero 4 and use it very very often, it produces stunning sharp, crisp, clear images and video. Same small sensor. DJI's version of what I understand is basically the same camera should be able to do the same. I think I just got a bad camera...
I attached here a link to Dropbox with some footage:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o9oh2jljsyg7zhk/AAAcn7cw898rLFAO7Omo2j9oa?dl=0
Make sure you download the files from Dropbox to your computer, then view them on your computer and not straight on Dropbox because it will look even more blurry than it is...
I also tried with a different (brand new!!!) micro SD card (as DJI advised me to check) with the dealer owner's camera but still I get the same poor quality footage both image and video...
I am so frustrated I wanted to buy a drone and capture beautiful footage but unfortunately I am not able to do so...

Thanks in advance.

2016-7-7
Use props
mr.friedman22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22927 ft
Spain

anyone??? thanks
2016-7-9
Use props
theeasynine
lvl.2

United States

That is strange for sure. I have a P3A and shoot in auto and I'm very happy with my photos. Sorry I don't have any advice, only been flying for a few months.
2016-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules