satellite image not working on my dji go app????
2655 7 2016-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
byrneshaun4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi, i have no satellite image on my dji app, the standard shows an all blue screen with it showing me in the middle of the north atlantic,
cant use my way points now, any thoughts?
2016-7-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Make sure you have the " Cache Map in the Backround " Enabled   for maps enabled on the GO app. (General Settings )

Just to make sure it is working , get the device with go app  near a wi- fi device and make sure the Map functions work then  , then with the Map Cach enabled zoom in and out of the flying site for the days filming or flying , this should put the map in the "Cache ".

Has it worked in the past If it has never worked , you will need to make sure you have some type of map system installed on your device .

Any one else have any ideas , please pitch in.

donnie
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You definitely want to ensure that you do have some sort of internet connection, either through WiFi or cellular data in order for caching to work.
2016-7-8
Use props
byrneshaun4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi guys, it worked fine before i upgraded fw from 8 to 9, i have found this geo system which wasnt there before, is this something to do with it ?
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

byrneshaun4 Posted at 2016-7-9 02:40
hi guys, it worked fine before i upgraded fw from 8 to 9, i have found this geo system which wasnt t ...

The Geo System update did some reconfiguration, but your map should be accurate if you have performed an IMU calibration and compass calibration after the update. Have you also uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Go app as well?
2016-7-11
Use props
byrneshaun4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-11 19:12
The Geo System update did some reconfiguration, but your map should be accurate if you have perfor ...

reinstalled dji go app and all is good
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

byrneshaun4 Posted at 2016-7-12 04:38
reinstalled dji go app and all is good

Good to hear you're up and running.
2016-7-11
Use props