Brand New DJI OSMO can't connect to WIFI!
1237 6 2016-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmepromedia
New
Flight distance : 13596 ft

This company is starting to really frustrate me!

I purchased the Inspire 1 Pro with the X5 lens (which arrived with a DOA battery) after that hurdle was passed I decieded to purchase the OSMO handle kit to use with my X5.. I live in Orange County not too far from DJI but almost a week and a half later the OSMO shows up at my office from China. Excited AF i unwrap everything connect my X5 adapter and power the bad boy on... When I get to the step to connect  my phone to the OSMO it is nowhere to be found. After severeal reboots and troubleshooting still no where to be found. DJI support is worst than any.. I got tired of dealing wiht it so I went and purchased another one. The new one is doing the same thing. So I think i am doing something wrong here... can someone please help?

2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience, dmepromedia! Can't your phone find OSMO wifi or OSMO page doesn't appear in the DJI GO?
2016-7-8
Use props
dmepromedia
New

My phone does not find OSMO... the only time it finds it is when I hold Shutter-Trigger-Rec Button and turn on the handle.. but I can't do anything in that mode.

2016-7-9
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

dmepromedia Posted at 2016-7-10 01:43
My phone does not find OSMO... the only time it finds it is when I hold Shutter-Trigger-Rec Button a ...

Can you be more specific about what exactly you did?

To use Osmo, turn the Osmo switch on, then in your phone, search wifi, and you will find a WIFI saying"OSMO XXXXX", then connect to it, input the password, 12341234. After your phone says it's connected to the wifi, open DJI GO in your phone, and you should be able to see an OSMO and "Camera".

If you mean you're already connected to OSMO's wifi but Osmo doesn't show up in DJI Go, and both Osmo's have the same issue, you can try reinstalling DJI GO on your phone, and try a different device to see if it helps.

It's possible but highly unlikely that both Osmo's wifi fails, so I would recommend you read the manual of Osmo and check if your setup is proper.

The manual can be downloaded here  http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads  ,  locate the PDF of OSMO User Manual v1.2.

Thank you

2016-7-9
Use props
J C D
lvl.2

Netherlands

It can be that your phone is 2.4Ghz only... and somehow the OSMO is transmitting on 5GHZ. So be a bit more informative when you explain the problem.
2016-7-12
Use props
dmepromedia
New
United States

[RESOLVED] So two OSMO's later we finally figured out this problem... The problem the entire time was my X5 adapter. Since it was not transferring signal to the X5 camera the osmo was acting dead. took it to the Areal Media Pro in my area and the tried a new adapter and vooolaaaa.. It worked!

Just in case anyone else has this issue know that the adapter is faulty.
2016-7-12
Use props
dmepromedia
New
United States

I gotta say.. If DJI support was as good as their products they would be a SUPER company. Loving the inspire 1 PRO and OSMO{:4_181:}
2016-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules