New app for IOS 1.0.46 and...
2676 14 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sebastian.ronco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 609537 ft
Argentina

ok, Vision app 1.0.46 for IOS is here with 4 main changes that (for me) no justify 3 month since last version.

I wonder, when DJI upgrade Visio APP for:

* iphone 6 and 6 plus support?
* ipad support (without scaling the image), universal APP?
* 64 bits support?
* Better layout, like inspire 1? (i dont see the number at red when the battery is critical, is too small! for example.)
* Better sharpen control of the image.

You don't feel that DJI focuses all deploy to Inspire 1 and the vision + is an forgotten entry level?

Regards!

2015-1-24
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

V+ is forgotten?   I just received a V2 at Christmas which is being treated like an antique....

Need like you to decide if it is worth the upgrade as all works today......   Not ready to be the first to jump in the water but would like a definition of what DJI call WiFi extender...
2015-1-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-1-25 02:27
V+ is forgotten?   I just received a V2 at Christmas which is being treated like an antique....

Nee ...

The changes to the Vision App for the extender upgrade allows the phone to connect to the internet via its 3G/4G connection while it is also WiFi Connected to the Phantom.

This means in Ground Station mode there is no longer a requirement to Cache the Sat maps to the phone as it can get them live. I think it would also improve the GPS coordinates of the Phone having this connection active.

Cheers

2015-1-24
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

Well,  my bloody iPhone auto updated and the DJI vision app with the V2 crashes overtime I touch the camera gimbal.....  Another fix forthcoming I expect from DJI.....
2015-1-26
Use props
anthony
lvl.2
United States

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-1-27 04:35
Well,  my bloody iPhone auto updated and the DJI vision app with the V2 crashes overtime I touch the ...

Have you done the firmware upgrade for the camera?
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5701
2015-1-26
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

anthony@midmore Posted at 2015-1-27 04:42
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&ti ...

Still looking for an answer re:  Vision and Vision + use the same camera file.   I have a Vision,  all posts where the quad is described talk +

Thanks,

Tried calling DJI support,,  51 minute minimal wait.   If I was to drink while waiting I would be hammered by then....

2015-1-26
Use props
cshudson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

anthony@midmore Posted at 2015-1-27 04:42
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&ti ...

I have updated the camera ,and vision app still crashing here .
Hope DJI get a fix out ..
2015-1-26
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can send a email to support@dji.com and inform them about this bug.
2015-1-26
Use props
cshudson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

knarfboy Posted at 2015-1-27 05:47
You can send a email to  and inform them about this bug.

yup, already done
2015-1-26
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

same here....  this thread also has some info

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en

I last posted:

Neil (DJI tech joined thread),  thanks for jumping on this thread.  I called tech support and was told to send the Vision (NON +)  in for service.  Like steadystickrick i have the same problem which is on the NON + Vision with the egg camera gimbal adjust.

I just sent email that stated:
"My issue as I told the tech was that with the latest iPHONE IOS 1.0.46 update when I touch the camera gimbal adjustment in the iPhone Vision App the app crashes…  

I would like to reload V 1.0.43 but that is not an option as my PC automatically updated with the autoupdate on the iPhone.

This issue appears to be related to the iPhone App as my brother who uses a Samsung Galaxy updated his app and does not have this issue. Maybe there is not a release for Android as I cant tell from the DJI Vision, Download page for Vision. His unit was given to him at the same time as mine for Christmas.  We both updated the units before first flight to latest camera 1.19,  Assistant 3.6, Naza M 2.08 etc… he will check with his iPhone which upgraded like mine tonight when he get home.  

Question I have is before I send the unit in for 3+ weeks, not including the cost of transit both ways for us could somebody please tell me if there is a new app coming or, is there a new release in the works etc…  After reviewing the forum I do not believe that I am the only one with this issue.

i’m just looking for guidance before sending in for what appears to be a known problem per noise on multiple forums"

Looking for guidance beside sending the vision back at both of our's cost if a patch is in the works.  If not can DJI place a "DJI Vision 3" load on iTunes so we can fly again?
2015-1-26
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-1-27 06:46
same here....  this thread also has some info

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang ...

Mad in NC,
I would not send your quad to DJI....
They need to let us re-install APP ver. 1.43....it should be made available immediately...
I made sure I flipped my auto update off on my Apple phone after this disaster...my bad.  I learned my lesson...
You just can't trust any firmware updates with these guys...we are the beta testers....
Reading that folks here are changing the name of the camera firmware files to make it work is really comical when you think of it.No one should ever have to "alter" a factory released update!!!

Rick

2015-1-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Just wait till Apple download an update that does not allow you to control the updating process on your iOS device and DJI simultaneously downloads an update that makes your Phantom unable to fly until you have taken a two week course on the rules and are able to enter the Verify code...
Idiots are ruining this for everyone!
2015-1-26
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

Here's the latest on new IPhone app in iTunes...  The worst reviews I have ever seen of any iPhone app in over 15 yrs...

Slide1.jpg
2015-1-27
Use props
pblizard
lvl.1
Canada

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-1-27 04:35
Well,  my bloody iPhone auto updated and the DJI vision app with the V2 crashes overtime I touch the ...

Same on my end. Phantom sits on the bench for now. I put a comment on the DJI app reviews.
2015-1-27
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

see this page on another post...  I was able to recover 1.0.43 from older time machine backup.....

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... amp;page=2#lastpost  
2015-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules