Weak Image Signal Message when flying 60m up
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jdawgs88
lvl.1

Australia

So, I got the courage to fly my Phantom 3 4K a bit higher, and as soon as I got to about 60m, I got a Weak Image Tranisition Signal message or something. So I had to bring It down, does it start cutting out at 60m, I know It can fly 1.2km far away, but what about height? Because I wanna be able to fly higher than 60m

Thanks
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Jdawgs88, hope this video can help you:
2016-7-11
Use props
Rabidman
lvl.1

United States

The video has some good points, the antennas do not transmit information up at all, as you can see the antenna radiates in a doughnut shape, you want the flat face of the antenna facing your phantom. If you are flying farther away you will want to be higher because the signal will be blocked by trees and houses and water particles in the air.
omni1.jpg
2016-7-15
Use props
darrenbeard19
New

i had the same problem at 50 meters

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antenna ... nal+booster+phantom

added this to my set up and now i get 100m quite easy
2016-7-15
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

I agree completely with the (very bad) reviews on Amazon for this product. I tested this kind of parabolic range extender in a semi-scientific way, flying exactly the same route (waypoint-route made in Litchi) with two different p4's and a P3A. I flew the route 4 times with each aircraft, twice with and twice without the extender mounted. I followed all instructions (like ponting the antennas with the extender right in the direction of the aircraft, which was not difficult as it was a completely straight route)
In all flights with the extenders mounted the distance where the contact with the aircraft was lost was some 30 % shorter than without the extenders mounted.

I keep reading that people get 'better' results with these cheap toys mounted but I suspect that either there are other factors that made their flight reach further or they work for he guys who make these things :-)
One question: if it would be really THAT simple to 'double' the reach of your drone with a 3 $ add-on, don't you think DJI itself would have integrated this thing in their RC a long time ago already ?
2016-7-15
Use props
darrenbeard19
New

There is lots of factors that can help or hinder the range for instance today I changed location and couldn't get more than 30m up and 70meters out in places then flying the other direction 50m up and 200m out,

If it helps even just a little for the price you can't grumble with mixed reviews

First step before laying out a lot more cash for a better hand set Or booster
2016-7-15
Use props
opendoor499
lvl.1

Australia

a simple foil deflector behind my antennas does definitely work, i have a PA3 , without the deflector always get weak signal warning at 600 meters now i go 2000meters never a warning.
2016-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules