Airports? Total block on flying?
1827 4 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, I'm a go kart racer and have been keen to get a inspire 1 for my track footage. I have been monitoring the forum for all the ongoing issues about limiting the device to 500m above takeoff which I can deal with as I'm also a keen mountain walker.

However I've just updated my dji application on android to have a look and noticed a big red mark around my home location.

Overview of locations,

So in the second picture it's covered in red? Assuming no fly zone? This is a massive area and will force me not to purchase the device.

2015-1-24
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Watch this video from DJI that explains it in good detail. It talks about limits in the firmware of the Phantom, but applies equally to the Inspire. If you want to get to the details about exact distances from airports where you can fly, start at about 55 seconds into the video.

2015-1-24
Use props
tamarindesign
New

United Kingdom

I too want to know if this can be overridden for certain flights - I'm in the UK and am in the final stages in applying for my CAA permissions to carry out commercial work. I live near to Bournemouth Airport and there are a handful of commercial jobs lined up (surveying, promo shots, etc.) within the 5 mile no fly zone. I inform ATC when flying on the edge of this zone and would obviously work with them if able to fly within the 5 mile radius.

Is this possible to override?

2015-1-24
Use props
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

From the DJI Fly Safe website,

I guess I wont have any limits? Why is the app showing red then?
2015-1-24
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

I have the same concerns we race down in Texas at the Texas Mile on a old Air Force base that is still somewhat operational..
Guess I will find out in Oct if the inspire will fly there clear of restrictions or not.
Gearhead flicks fly a S1000 around I'm going to for sure get a press pass and do some shooting in between racing if possible. hmmmm.
Great info here in this thread.
My White supercharged Challenger is at the 44 second mark.

2015-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules