12Next >
3186 46 2016-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxim-k
lvl.1

Italy

Best DJI and other pilots.

I bought an Phantom 3 4K two weeks ago, love the thing but there is only one (kind of big) problem.
After 40 meters away from me I lose video feed an shortly after RC signal. Please help as this is a huge probem for me!
I updated the firmware with fully charged batteries before my first flight.

To help these are the things I already tried:
- Relinking controller
- Relinking video downlink
- Deleting files on phone (more storage)
- Reinstalling the DJI GO app
- Adjusting the antenna's (yes I've seen the video) - Recalibrating the IMU

Things I did not do yet:
- Downgrading software
When I try to downgrade the software the DJI GO app says 'Get Firmware Version Failed' and after hours of checking I can not find a way to do this manually via the SD card (on P3 4K)
Via app is the only way??

I find that there is a HUGE lack of information and support for the P3 4K.
Also I did email DJI but they did not reply (yet?!) and the chat support guys cant help me either.

Please help!!!!!

Kind Regards,
Maxim Kuijper

2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you are experiencing this, if you are flying in a large open area and you've done all the troubleshooting steps and it still persists, then please contact support and send your aircraft in for repair.
If you are in an congested area then please try in an open area.
2016-7-12
Use props
Rabidman
lvl.1

United States

I have modded my controller and when i was doing that i noticed that with the antennas disconnected i could control my phantom from 30-40 meters away, so you somehow one of the antennas might have come unplugged
2016-7-12
Use props
halaszattila82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155630 ft
Romania

Hi,
I have  the same problem(in the sunshine 50-70m, in the evening 150-170m).
I'm from Europe. My Phantom Standard was bought from Aliexpress in June(it is in guarantee).
Can I send it for repairing in Germany, or must I send it back to China?

2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

halaszattila82 Posted at 2016-7-13 03:53
Hi,
I have  the same problem(in the sunshine 50-70m, in the evening 150-170m).
I'm from Europe. My P ...

Contact the Germany repair center for assistance.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-7-12
Use props
Monsieur Cooper
lvl.1

Italy

Why can't we update via SD Card?! I can't downgrade via the app!!! Think I can solve the problem by downgrading...
image.png
2016-7-13
Use props
Monsieur Cooper
lvl.1

Italy

c'mon guys please help!!
2016-7-14
Use props
ajayrdshah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9311 ft
United Kingdom

Support for P3 4K is totally RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!!

I am really fed up of sorting my "NO SIGNAL" issue and it seems that these are on OFFER due to this very reason.

DJI SUPPORT - CAN YOU ANSWER ??????????
2016-7-14
Use props
ajayrdshah
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Monsieur Cooper Posted at 2016-7-13 23:10
Why can't we update via SD Card?! I can't downgrade via the app!!! Think I can solve the problem by  ...

try this
2016-7-14
Use props
ajayrdshah
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 18:43
I'm sorry you are experiencing this, if you are flying in a large open area and you've done all the  ...

Hi Ken,

Could you please help me?

My P3 4K video signal does not work. I just tried it now at nearly 11pm inside my house and IT WORKS! But for the last 2 flights outdoors, IT DIDN'T WORK. What could be causing this? I can't be spending so much time on this forum and doing all the tech bits. The aircraft should be a flawless one, no?

thank you.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ajayrdshah Posted at 2016-7-15 05:51
Hi Ken,

Could you please help me?

You've re-linked and reset the WiFi?
And you have the antennas orientated correctly?
If you still get intermittent signal then please contact support.

2016-7-14
Use props
Monsieur Cooper
lvl.1

Italy

Thanks ajayrdshah,
I've tried this method many times but I get the same error message (get firmware version failed) every time even after reinstalling the app.
DJI HELP ME!!!
2016-7-15
Use props
Monsieur Cooper
lvl.1

Italy

Anyone. ????
2016-7-17
Use props
ajayrdshah
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Return it ...
2016-7-17
Use props
dj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119590 ft
United Kingdom

Exact same problem here with a p3 standard..... only get about 30/40m then lose video signal... When i go to the firmware screen i get the same error as you.... any news on this yet?
2016-7-17
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Have the same issues on my P4 after last F/W update really annoying as I am losing confidence with it
2016-7-17
Use props
justinking58
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Downgrading worked for me
2016-7-17
Use props
Monsieur Cooper
lvl.1

Italy

justinking58 Posted at 2016-7-17 23:44
Downgrading worked for me

we can't with the 4K version
2016-7-19
Use props
justinking58
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Are you sure?
2016-7-20
Use props
alpatovdanila
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-15 05:54
You've re-linked and reset the WiFi?
And you have the antennas orientated correctly?
If you still  ...

I think there is no real DJI-people, only bots. Almost 20 threads about the same problem after software update, and all they say is "have you tried that and that...". YES, EVERYONE TRIED WITH NO RESULT, what is not clear with that sentence? Fix your software and stop redirecting people to repair centres, JUST FIX YOUR SOFTWARE. What the hell, DJI? You are not afraid of market competitors or what? Show some respect to customers.

DJI-ken, reply with some real words, please, not with copy-pasted templates. We have all seen video you provided, we all have tried everything.
2016-7-20
Use props
egconstruger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

alpatovdanila Posted at 2016-7-20 08:17
I think there is no real DJI-people, only bots. Almost 20 threads about the same problem after sof ...

DJI-KEN goes around people complainging about same problem about signal lost after firmware 1.6.80 all he does is copy and paste the video that show how to angle the antenas, ITS NOT AN ANTENNA PROBLEM god i wish they could understand that already . i gave up im not expecting a fix anymore im going to buy an autel xstar
2016-7-20
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

He can only do so much on the forums, the real issue lies with lack of information from dji support and more importantly the firmware/app/product causing the issues that we dont know about. Im hoping it will get fixed, its really unfortunate some people dont have a lot of money and this was a huge investment for them. nearly impossible to use, and its worthless if we were to get rid of it. Im hopeful for a next update untill then ill sit tight, signal loss is getting me.
2016-7-20
Use props
rellinb
lvl.1

United States

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-7-20 08:41
DJI-KEN goes around people complainging about same problem about signal lost after firmware 1.6.80 ...

Same problem for me, I have emailed support but really do not think it's a hardware problem.
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

alpatovdanila Posted at 2016-7-20 20:17
I think there is no real DJI-people, only bots. Almost 20 threads about the same problem after sof ...

I'll reply the same as I always have, try all the troubleshooting steps and if they don't remedy the issue then call support and send your aircraft in.
How hard is that, for all the people who have done that have gotten their aircraft repaired under warranty and are out flying. for all the rest who have posted here for months, you could have been flying by now.
I'm sorry that you are having issues but you need to contact support.
And I'll say it again, send your aircraft in. At this time there is nothing in the works for a firmware update.
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-7-20 20:41
DJI-KEN goes around people complainging about same problem about signal lost after firmware 1.6.80 ...

Exactly, there is no firmware update in the works.
Send your aircraft I believe shipping will be covered both ways if it's a firmware issue.
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

thomasneumann10 Posted at 2016-7-20 20:48
He can only do so much on the forums, the real issue lies with lack of information from dji support  ...

I'm sorry if you are having an issue, at this time there is no firmware in the works.
Please contact support and send your aircraft in.
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rellinb Posted at 2016-7-20 20:50
Same problem for me, I have emailed support but really do not think it's a hardware problem.

You sent your aircraft in already correct?
2016-7-20
Use props
rellinb
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-20 10:03
You sent your aircraft in already correct?

Thank you for responding Ken - no I have not yet sent it in - My confusion is that the online chat representative on the DJI Support page told me that DJI is indeed aware of this problem w/ the P3S and that they ARE working on a firmware fix.  Having conflicting information makes it hard for me to decide if I should send it in and be without the drone for 2 weeks when I have appointments I need to keep that require the drone.  I've also seen multiple people say they've send theirs in and got it back with the same exact problem.
2016-7-20
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-20 10:02
I'm sorry if you are having an issue, at this time there is no firmware in the works.
Please conta ...

hI Ken,, so they are not working on a firmware update> ? I thought they were ,, I recall someone in DJI saying they were working on it... perhaps im mistaken... Anyways im just being curious.

Thanks
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rellinb Posted at 2016-7-20 23:19
Thank you for responding Ken - no I have not yet sent it in - My confusion is that the online chat ...

I can tell you that as of now, there are no plans for new firmware.
And people who got it back the same possibly some of those are flying in highly congested areas where your going to get terrible range anyways.
Just call and send it in, the lead time is pretty quick now.
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gerardorejeg Posted at 2016-7-20 23:29
hI Ken,, so they are not working on a firmware update> ? I thought they were ,, I recall someone i ...

Correct, NO firmware is in the works as of now.
2016-7-20
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-20 11:37
Correct, NO firmware is in the works as of now.

Thanks Ken
2016-7-20
Use props
lewisspeakman88
New

United Kingdom

I had the weak/no/poor video transmission problem on my P3S that many people are suffering with. I reinstalled the firmware numerous times to no avial but on the last time I noticed a small message on the flight screen in DJI Go.

This worked for me, hope it works for you.

2016-7-20
Use props
RobCrouch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119590 ft
United Kingdom

lewisspeakman88 Posted at 2016-7-20 17:41
I had the weak/no/poor video transmission problem on my P3S that many people are suffering with. I r ...

great vid mate, iv just sent mine back because of this issue so shame i cant try it.....
2016-7-20
Use props
rellinb
lvl.1

United States

lewisspeakman88 Posted at 2016-7-20 12:41
I had the weak/no/poor video transmission problem on my P3S that many people are suffering with. I r ...

Thank you - will try this tonight
2016-7-20
Use props
philip.valentin
New

United Kingdom

Ok... I tried something else and it worked! I simply changed the SD card... I was running a Sandisk Extreme Plus 32gb SD card.. Now before I changed to this card I had no problems at all...

So I changed to a Sandisk Ultra 8gb - Now It works fine and I can fly much further without loosing video signal..
2016-7-20
Use props
alpatovdanila
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-20 16:59
I'll reply the same as I always have, try all the troubleshooting steps and if they don't remedy t ...

My drone is not under the warranty and even if it is, there is no official repair companies in Russia. The main complain is: everyone knows this is software problem, and problem is here for about a month or two and DJI dont want to admit they broke something. And you keep saying that problem in not on your side and that you have no software in development, oh cmon. Just say that you released software that bricks drones and there is no other way to fix it other than sending bird to repair.
2016-7-20
Use props
drericnesq
lvl.1

Canada

Sounds to me that your firmware was not installed correctly . Try re-install and don't turn off the power on anything for about a minute after it states that install is complete. Then turn off everything. Restart controller first, phantom second, Dji app third. Re- calibrate and you should be good to go.

2016-7-20
Use props
rellinb
lvl.1

United States

Tried using the original SD card (reformatted), downgrade, etc, no luck.  30-40 meters (~120 feet) and I get RC Lost every time.  Right now I'm trying to install 1.6.8 from the SDcard and will update after that.  This is my last attempt, if this doesn't work I'm just going to wait until after my next appointment and send it in for repair.  So frustrating, only had it for two months.  Sounds like I am not able to get my money back....
2016-7-20
Use props
rellinb
lvl.1

United States

Manual upgrade of the firmware to 1.6.8 did not make a difference.  Will be sending it in for repair two weeks from now.  If anyone else reading this thread has had this problem and sent it in for repair - would love to know how much it cost you and what they had to do to fix the problem.  I realize there could be different repairs for this issue but the 30-40 meter RC Lost P3S seems pretty specific.
2016-7-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules