Still the same issues after repair. COMPASS ERROR
1433 18 2016-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soneerr
lvl.1

Netherlands

Allright, two days ago I've got my Phantom 3A back from repair because I had compass errors everywhere I flew.
Did all the things that I had to do: compass calibration, IMU calibration, flying in open area's etc.

However after the repair, which should have had fixed the problems with the compass, I still got the same issues, not difference.
What am I doing wrong? Or is it just my drone? I fly in the most open area's and switched to many different locations, but nope.

Also, can someone please explain to me why most of the people almost never get a compass error. Like, I see people flying near parking lots, in the middle of a city with many buildings, but it seems like they are never ever experiencing these compass errors. I even read that some people never had these errors. But I am getting them every single time.

Since I've bought it, I couldn't even use it properly. I had so many plans with it, but this error is blocking it.
Any advice?

Thanks.
2016-7-12
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I would ask for a refund or a new P3.
Have you tried flying in a new place really far away from where you normally fly? And calibrate there.Do you know anyone with a P3 that can fly where you do to see if they get the same errors?
I have read of certain areas with , say maybe high power radio or microwave towers nearby causing issues. One person lived near a military base and when he would fly to 25 ft, his P3 would go into auto land, or something strange like that. He later found out they had some kind of unique radio equipment that interfered with radio signals at a certain height? Something like that.
Maybe a neighbor has an illegal high power armature radio setup? Someone near me (I think) must have something like this. Sometimes when I fly my APM quad in this one spot behind my neighbors house (it is actually a field), I either loose complete control and or the quad will just shut down and fall. No battery errors etc. It has happened three times in almost the exact same spot.
2016-7-12
Use props
soneerr
lvl.1

Netherlands

04red6 Posted at 2016-7-13 00:36
I would ask for a refund or a new P3.
Have you tried flying in a new place really far away from whe ...

Nope mate, I flew in different locations. No fix.
Also, a friend of mine got the P3A too. Same as mine.
We flew it simultaneously, but mine was the only with errors..
2016-7-12
Use props
losman26
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3667438 ft
United States

soneerr Posted at 2016-7-12 18:59
Also, a friend of mine got the P3A too. Same as ...

I would take this compass error seriously.  Mine happened mid-air, and I lost my Phantom 3 pro.
2016-7-12
Use props
gullisig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

soneerr Posted at 2016-7-12 22:59
Also, a friend of mine got the P3A too. Same as ...

I had this error few times and it had nothing to do with location. Spent few days trying to fix this with no luck and ended with new compass and new camera. Its not worth the risk to use it with bad $20 compass.
2016-7-12
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft

not sure if this matters i have a p3a to, and just recently have the same issue to. I have the rc set to p ant shortly after i do my calibration for compass my tablet speaker says safe to fly in atti mode. I turn off my quadcopter
2016-7-12
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft

sorry computer messed up, make sure your not close to anything that will interfere with your compass dance such as cell phones , metals, maybe something in your pocket. I restart rc  , quad, an app. just to double check. When i get safe to fly with gps then i will fly. and double check home postion to. Till i get a green bar i will fly, that red compass error scares me.
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience, soneerr. Could you provide me with your last RMA or case number? Thank you.
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We're very sorry about this. It's rare that you receive two units defective in compass in a row. But we'll look into this and take care of your drone.

Meanwhile, try not to fly your drone, or just fly one feet above ground for testing, until the issue is solved. Because if the compass error showed in midair, there's a high chance that the drone will lose control and crash.
2016-7-12
Use props
soneerr
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-13 06:20
Sorry for your experience, soneerr. Could you provide me with your last RMA or case number? Thank yo ...

Thank you for your reply, my case number is: CAS-184995-V5K0Y6
2016-7-14
Use props
soneerr
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-13 08:49
We're very sorry about this. It's rare that you receive two units defective in compass in a row. But ...

I'm not flying anymore, tried it one more time, but I'm getting those errors all the time. Today I went for another test-flight because in the hope that is working somehow. Got a Compass-Error mid air, almost lost my drone. Brought it down with much effort. Scary moments..
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

soneerr Posted at 2016-7-15 06:22
Thank you for your reply, my case number is: CAS-184995-V5K0Y6

We'll look into you case. Thanks for your support.
Edit: Our techician has offered urgent repair now. Hopefully you'll be back into the air very soon.
2016-7-14
Use props
grevenwiklund
lvl.1

Sweden

Same happen now on My new P3 advance here in Sweden got the drone yesterday. First flight Compasses error and the P3 where very instabile in air!! WHY this happen Dji??? Something is very very wrong!! Bad compasses from Cheep distrubuiters?? I send My P3 back to WIZEGUY ACTIONSHOP IN SWEDEN. You have too talk to them,i Will not accept the drone going back too Kina for some repair,that Will take at least a month or two!!  A new P3 or My money back!! 8000Sek its a lots of money!! I hope you realy works with this problem!!! Best wishes Lennart Wiklund Sweden
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

grevenwiklund Posted at 2016-9-2 20:27
Same happen now on My new P3 advance here in Sweden got the drone yesterday. First flight Compasses  ...

To clarify, did you just purchase and receive the unit, or did it just come back from a previous repair service?
2016-9-2
Use props
grevenwiklund
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-3 00:11
To clarify, did you just purchase and receive the unit, or did it just come back from a previous r ...

Sorry! Its a brand new advance from the seller
2016-9-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

grevenwiklund Posted at 2016-9-3 22:31
Sorry! Its a brand new advance from the seller

Have you contacted the seller?
2016-9-3
Use props
grevenwiklund
lvl.1

Sweden

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-9-3 21:21
Have you contacted the seller?

Yes i have! He Will look when the drone is comming back to him! But i not accept Any repair,becuse then i hade to be out My drone for a long long time,and i wont it now!!
2016-9-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

grevenwiklund Posted at 2016-9-5 02:11
Yes i have! He Will look when the drone is comming back to him! But i not accept Any repair,becuse ...

I am sorry we cannot control out dealers.  If you have an unsatisfactory experience the please contact dji.com/support select your region and method of contact.  They will assist you.
2016-9-4
Use props
grevenwiklund
lvl.1

Sweden

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-9-5 00:24
I am sorry we cannot control out dealers.  If you have an unsatisfactory experience the please con ...

Now is My drone back from this idiot  seller. And gues??? First flight COMPASS ERROR,and i almost lost My drone. It flygs away in the sky... Did a rth and it game back and landning. NOW ITS TIME FOR DJI TO FIX WHATS WRONG!!!! You must now!! Dont you think Dji that all we byers of your produkts have the rights to now??
2016-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules