Phantom 4 RAW Photo shows sensor problems
2478 11 2016-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Air3d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90774 ft
United Kingdom

I purchased my phantom 4 late May, and have now stated to utilise the RAW capabilityies to get the best out of the still camera. However I have noticed that the camera is producing an constant mark on the Raw image (see upper right in the cloud). This to me looks like a internal coating failure and are quite disapointed. So not sure to claim under warrent or return for a refund/exchange under satisfactory of quality / not fit for purpose .

18DNG error

18DNG error

DJI_0018 DNG export_crop.jpg
DJI_0018_after dji cleaner.jpg
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Under Consumer Rights Act 2015, you can only claim full refund during the first 30 days of the purchase. After that, you need to give the retailer one chance to repair or replace the faulty product.

When you contact the seller, the seller will  provide the allegedly faulty product to DJI for diagnosis and for possible repair/replacement.

So I suggest you contact  DJI Support via support@dji.com directly, and the shipping and repair cost should be covered by DJI. Normally you get your drone back within two weeks.

Thank you.
2016-7-14
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

In the UK you are covered by the Sale of Goods Act. Take it back to the retailer and request a replacement or refund.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

airobotix Posted at 2016-7-14 05:30
In the UK you are covered by the Sale of Goods Act. Take it back to the retailer and request a repla ...

It was replaced by Consumer Rights Act 2015  since October 2015.
2016-7-14
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-14 11:35
It was replaced by Consumer Rights Act 2015  since October 2015.

The Op is based in the UK not Canada
2016-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

airobotix Posted at 2016-7-14 17:46
The Op is based in the UK not Canada

Consumer rights act replaced Sale of goods last year

Consumer rights
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you please post a few more photos.
Can you reinstall the firmware, if the images are still there then contact support as your camera is still under warranty.
And it's not something with the coating, if it was it would be on the JPEG photos as well.
Also upload a few DNG files straight from the camera to Dropbox and I will download them and see what I see.
2016-7-14
Use props
Air3d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-14 21:31
Can you please post a few more photos.
Can you reinstall the firmware, if the images are still there ...

Ken. I will try reinstalling the firmware over the next few days to see if that will initially resolve the issue.

Since posting, I am now currently dealing with my UK DJI supplier over the matter, and have sent over sample images to them who are forwarding them onto their support contact at DJI.
2016-7-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Air3d Posted at 2016-7-15 16:46
Ken. I will try reinstalling the firmware over the next few days to see if that will initially res ...

This is not a problem with the sensor, nor is it a problem with the firmware, it is an issue with the file itself, and it has been reported before. You could try opening it with another application that understands DNG files or use a different DNG convertor.

2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Air3d Posted at 2016-7-15 14:46
Ken. I will try reinstalling the firmware over the next few days to see if that will initially res ...

Sounds good.
2016-7-15
Use props
Air3d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-7-15 07:56
This is not a problem with the sensor, nor is it a problem with the firmware, it is an issue with  ...

Geebaz.

Thanks this looks to be true. In using Adobe camera raw via Lightroom of Photoshop all my Dji raw photos have this issue. As suggested if I open the file in preview on my Mac their is no mark. I have also downloaded affinity photo which also does not show the mark.

I thought this was a camera issue at first, however it is looking more and more  to be a particular Software  issue.
2016-7-15
Use props
Air3d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Adobe have suggesed to use DJI DNG Cleaner first as the camera is not apparently supported. In using the DJI DNG Clearner, nice black hole appear in the images when brought into all the raw supported photo applications i have. SEE Last Photo above.
2016-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules