Phantom 4 weird gimbal motor noise when powering up
998 6 2016-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kkrisztian1983
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411611 ft
Hungary

Hello dear Phantom 4 users and DJI admins!

My problem is when I turn on my Phantom 4 sometimes the gimbal (maybe the gimbal motor) has scary noises. I have everything updated both the firmware (1.2.503) and the app too I did and IMU calibration but when I powering up the Phantom 4 it sounds like the gimbal motor overloads. I have no issues with the gimbal (yet) beacuse of this but maybe it can cause problems in the future. Here are two videos about the noise. I've recorded them on different days. My bird is 1,5 months old. I have never had a crash or hard landing. I'm taking care of my bird. I'm a bit scared..

What could cause this?

(around 7 sec)

(around 9 sec)

Any ideas?

Tahnk you!
2016-7-17
Use props
kkrisztian1983
lvl.1
Hungary

Maybe the DJI team knows?
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello kkrisztian1983, it is probably a hardware issue. I'd suggest you to get in touch with our Europe tech support and send it in for diagnosis.Here is the contact information: 联系欧洲.JPG
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

What's more, does this issue come up after the update or before?
2016-7-17
Use props
kkrisztian1983
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-18 08:00

Dear DJI-Paladin!

Tahnk you for yours quick response.

It happend before just very rare occasions. After the update my observation is that almost every "first start up of the day" has this "motor" noise. After turning it off and on again it's gone. I dond't uderstand.
2016-7-17
Use props
kkrisztian1983
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-18 08:00

In addition the weirdest thing is that I have no issues with the gimbal. It can calibratie itself automatically.  I can adjust it manually to level it to the horizont. I have never had a gimbal auto calibration failure. This noise is like something wants to burn down in my Phantom 4. If I leave it to cool down for an hour and turn it on than I have the noise. If I turn it off an on again for example in 5 minutes than no noise.
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

kkrisztian1983 Posted at 2016-7-18 15:14
In addition the weirdest thing is that I have no issues with the gimbal. It can calibratie itself  ...

Thanks for your feedback. It is recommended to send it to our service center for diagnosis.Sorry for the inconvenience.
2016-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules