Trackimo holder - Phantom 4
5642 36 2016-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

Anyone have a holder or bracket for their Trackimo unit that works with the P4?  I've seen several for the P2 and P3, but nothing yet for the P4.

If you don't use a bracket, how do you attach it securely?
2016-7-18
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trackimo ... a848fc48:g
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure there's more out there, you just have to search online.
2016-7-18
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-19 06:04
I'm sure there's more out there, you just have to search online.

Perhaps a built in tracker for the Phantom 5?
2016-7-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-19 08:37
Perhaps a built in tracker for the Phantom 5?

The whole advantage of the Trackimo and others is that it is completely independant of the aircraft.
2016-7-18
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
United States

Thanks all.

DJI-Ken - did a lot of searching.  Had a hard time finding mount for P4 (with pics to show mount).  This one on EBay looks like a good solution.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I wouldn't spend $18 on a piece of plastic like this...  I would rather make one myself with 3d printer or use duck-tape.
2016-7-18
Use props
Cyris da Virus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 937297 ft
South Africa

I just ordered this one. Works with the RF-V16 gps tracker

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/D ... 3010608.0.54.K0xmnS
2016-7-19
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Do these devices use similar frequencies as the P4 so they may interfere with it?
2016-7-19
Use props
slockhart
lvl.1

United States

IPAs anyone found a good mounting option for the Trackimo for the Phantom 4?   If anyone has some good recommendations that would be great.  I would like to be able to keep the space for my Lume Cubes.  
2016-7-30
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

How about 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners the velcro type stuff that works way better and longer than velcro.  It's what we use to hold the batteries on our Micro FPV quads. We do flips and rolls with these machines holding 2s to 4s lipo batteries, so on the Phantom the holding power would more than suffice.
One thing I really like besides the holding power, is the heads line up well and you can place your item back pretty much in the same position each time.
The following video is not mine and is supplied merely as information.

2016-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

http://www.wish.com/c/5746d421572b8161aca66661 very inexpensive
2016-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

slockhart Posted at 2016-7-30 23:04
IPAs anyone found a good mounting option for the Trackimo for the Phantom 4?   If anyone has some go ...

http://www.wish.com/c/5746d421572b8161aca66661
This one might fit just above your Lumes only €9
2016-8-9
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I might have to model something that fits a trackimo and see if my buddy can print it for me.  That last one looks good for the price but I enjoy some DIY when I can.

Anyone using the trackimo on their P4 and have anything to report?
2016-8-23
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
United States

I ended up ordering the one linked in post 2 from EBay - it works perfectly, and tucks the Trackimo up and out of the way.
2016-8-23
Use props
jsparks349
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3671 ft
United States

I have been using this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... ?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It doesn't say it's for the Trackimo but it holds it nice and snug.
2016-8-23
Use props
jsparks349
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3671 ft
United States

Damager Posted at 2016-8-23 13:18
I ended up ordering the one linked in post 2 from EBay - it works perfectly, and tucks the Trackimo  ...

Do you have to remove the leg pieces to attach this one?
2016-8-23
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Picked up the Trackimo device and tested it some this weekend.  First, since it was night time and the wife and I were headed out... I took the little box along for a ride.  Once back home I pulled it up on my phone and saw the points about every minute and the locations.  Ok I see how this works.  Like to see it work a little "quicker" or have a little faster refresh rate but it's more just in case and not really tracking where something is every second of the day.

Not seeing anyone mention top mounting which is the simplest to start, I stuck the Trackimo up on top with dual lock as mentioned earlier in this thread.  Took the P4 out in the field and ran a waypoint mission I knew was valid.  No problems, tons of satelites showing, ran a couple of the stored waypoint missions all worked fine.  The sure bet was it would interfere with the P4 GPS right??? but I could not see that to the be case at all.
I did notice that I only have a few points in the field where I expected to have a few more at the 1 minute log interval.  Possibly I did not let the Trackimo warm up long enough to know where it was.  The next test I did with it stuck to the face of the battery.  This gave me a few more points but still not what I would expect for a 1 minute tracker.

My next mounting locaton will probably be under the gimbal on a "gimbal / camera saver plate" which I will just CNC and fix to the landing legs with zip ties in 4 holes keeping the Trackimo pretty close to center of gravity at least in the x/y axis.
2016-8-29
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-29 10:34
Picked up the Trackimo device and tested it some this weekend.  First, since it was night time and t ...

I was also concerned about GPS interference, but based upon your limited testing it seems fine.

I would not put anything under the camera though, because of the sensors "looking" down.  You do not want the P4 to try to go up to ∞ and Beyond !!  I may get it and place it in one of the vertical legs. I suspect some type of thin velcro should work.

Also, remember, the legs are not just plastic landing gear, they contain critical gps/antennas in them.  

I wish I knew which leg and location is the least sensitive area, so I can attach the device there??

Does DJI have an official answer if the Tracimo is ok to use?  and what is the best place to mount it?

2016-8-29
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

"Also, remember, the legs are not just plastic landing gear, they contain critical gps/antennas in them.  
I wish I knew which leg and location is the least sensitive area, so I can attach the device there??
Does DJI have an official answer if the Tracimo is ok to use?  and what is the best place to mount it?"

Good points and ?'s also.  Will watch to see where this goes.
Maybe the horizontal plate under the gimbal can be moved back some to avoid the sensors?  Makes me wonder how those bottom plate camera/gimbal protectors actually work if there's the possibility of interference...
2016-8-29
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-29 13:54
"Also, remember, the legs are not just plastic landing gear, they contain critical gps/antennas in t ...

I don't think DJI wants you to use them on the P4; I recall a thread a few months ago where they stated that the warranty will be void if one uses them in flight.  I only use one when I carry the P4 in a backpack, because I use the Polar Pro gimbal guard instead; (I leave the PP 8 lense on all the time, and I want to maintain gimbal protection from the bottom).

Maybe DJI can shed some light where is the best place to mount the trackimo an dif they have proven that it does not cause GPS interference.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-30 02:01
I don't think DJI wants you to use them on the P4; I recall a thread a few months ago where they st ...

Your Trackimo will not cause GPS interference. You just need to perform a compass calibration after installation.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-30 01:54
"Also, remember, the legs are not just plastic landing gear, they contain critical gps/antennas in t ...

Gimbal guards are NOT recommended the sonar waves from the VPS can hit them and cause erratic altitude fluctuations.
2016-8-29
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-29 14:09
Your Trackimo will not cause GPS interference. You just need to perform a compass calibration afte ...

Thanks!

So which vertical leg is the best one to mount it on?
2016-8-29
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-29 13:11
Gimbal guards are NOT recommended the sonar waves from the VPS can hit them and cause erratic alti ...

Thanks Ken appreciate that info.  I'll choose another method.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-30 02:24
Thanks!

So which vertical leg is the best one to mount it on?

Probably better to use the mount that evenly splits it between the 2 legs.
I had that type for my P3 and it worked perfect. I haven't ordered a P4 mount yet
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-30 03:40
Thanks Ken appreciate that info.  I'll choose another method.

No problem at all.
2016-8-29
Use props
herouxb
lvl.1

Canada

Hello, i just install mine that i've ordered from flyingag (http://flyingag.com/trackimo-mount-for-phantom/) but it doesn't look like the picture AT ALL, more like the link provided in post 2 on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trackimo-or-RF-v16-Tracker-Holder-For-DJI-Phantom-4-/281996229704?hash=item41a848fc48:g%3Cimg%20src=\).  It work well.  I took pictures of the installation if anyone wants i can post them here
2016-9-5
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Everyone getting good signal on their Trackimo?  For some reason I am not getting any saved points when it's installed on the Phantom.  I have tested the Trackimo in the car taking it for a couple of rides and it left points every minute like it should.  When on the P4 nothing.  I first tried centered right on top thinking it might cause the P4 some GPS problems but didn't seem to have any effect.  It didn't record any points though, so I moved it to the face of the battery.  Same thing here no points recorded.  Next for the car show flights this past weekend I zip tied it to the horizontal leg or foot of the quad.  Padded with some thin foam and 2 sets of ties I strapped it on and it held fine.  I was sure this would see the sky and give me some recorded points.  Again on one or two points nothing like it should of been during 10 minutes around the field.

If this Trackimo is that sensitive or finicky then I sure don't want it.  It's supposed to be some assurance if things go bad and at this point I have no faith in it working on the P4 at all.  Guess I'll contact support and see what they say about it.  We've already had a discussion about deleting recorded history which you have no choice to do that's something they control.
2016-9-6
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-9-6 08:22
Everyone getting good signal on their Trackimo?  For some reason I am not getting any saved points w ...

Anyone?

Maybe it's just my particular unit, but is anyone else having issues recording points with the Trackimo and the P4?

I guess I'll contact Trackimo next and see if they have ideas.  Does no good to have it on the quad if it doesn't record locations.
2016-9-8
Use props
Donald Johansen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117867 ft
  • >>>
United States

slockhart Posted at 2016-7-31 06:04
IPAs anyone found a good mounting option for the Trackimo for the Phantom 4?   If anyone has some go ...

I have the same setup. Was wondering if you could mount the Trackimo on the back legs up high. would that get in the way of the VPS?
2016-9-28
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Not regarding mounting necessarily... but I am still trying to get my (2) Trackimo units to work consistently.  I tested the first unit in the car going here and there and also on the P4 mounted 3 different ways.  So far I am not seeing much recorded on the P4 but in the car it does record every minute.  I mentioned this to the company and they sent another unit (G3 I believe) for me to test and compare side by side.  

Could not get this new unit to charge so they sent a new battery and "charging cradle" accessory.  These things are also kind of finicky about how you charge them.  The battery cradle seems to be the best way.
I've walked with both in my pocket for a mile and not seen many points recorded.  Maybe others are having great success with their units but to date this is not giving me any warm fuzzy feelings for tracking anything I might be concerned about particularly the P4 which is why I bought it.

The Trackimo company has been very cordial in helping me I just don't know what to try next.  I don't even have these mounted on the P4 yet it's a mute point if they don't track consistently.

2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-9-29 02:27
Not regarding mounting necessarily... but I am still trying to get my (2) Trackimo units to work con ...

That is strange, mine works on the aircraft, in the house, in the car, and even in my pocket.
I did have a charging issue once but it's fine now.
2016-9-28
Use props
DiscoDracky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 477448 ft
Philippines

http://www.gimbal-guard.com/for-phantom-4
2017-4-10
Use props
TrackIT
lvl.1

Philippines

just got my gimbal guard yesterday for my Trackimo device. http://www.gimbal-guard.com/_p/p ... -for-phantom-3-or-4
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

TrackIT Posted at 2017-5-18 19:16
just got my gimbal guard yesterday for my Trackimo device. http://www.gimbal-guard.com/_p/prd13/4499881741/product/trackimo-holder-for-phantom-3-or-4

Looks pretty neat, it doesn't block the VPS, correct?
2017-5-18
Use props
Julia Baker
lvl.1

Philippines

try this http://www.gimbal-guard.com/_p/p ... -for-phantom-3-or-4
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules