Z15-N and A2 Firmware Problems Zenmuse Z15N
12Next >
13641 52 2015-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kansas_ed.email
New

United States

I have three Zenmuse Z15-N gimbals for the Sony Nex7. All three dont work after update to gimbal. It doesn't matter if its the newest A2 firmware or the older versions.

The gimbal does initalize and seem to follow correctly, however i cannot control or move anything with the transmitters.

The updated gimbals initalize and then the camera points straight down.
The non-updated gimbal initalizes and then points straight ahead.
None of them respond to and transmitter controls either physciall or within the zenmuse software.

I've tried three different brands of transmitters, six different receivers. I think i can rule out hardware issues on my side. its also too much of a coincidence that all three gimbals are broken. All the flight controllers are the A2. Which i have tried the newest software and the older software.

I need somebody from DJI to help me. I have over $30K invested in flying three of these drones for one purpose, the camera attached to the gimbal. And the most important part, the gimbals dont work on any of them.

Ed W.

2015-1-25
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Ed
it sounds like everybody has this lack in the new updates, i have 3 systems, hopefully one with an alexmos gimbal, its the only one who is working now

come on DJI, bring a new update :@
2015-1-25
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 438816 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Same problem with Z15-Gh4. My gimbal was working fine before the update. Gimbal setup is singel operated. S900 with A2 V2.4 and Futaba 14SG, no lightbridge. Tilt, pan and shutter was ok with V2.2, but after update nothing worked and the camera was facing down after calibration. I did the update one more time and also updatet the IMU. (i think, it was one more update aviable in the z15 software) This solved the problem, but my shutter is still dead. My camera has the latest firmware.(2.2)

E-mail to DJI support, but no response :@

I was told to do a downgrade, after a lot of searching I finnally found the V1.2 of Dji Gimbal assistant, but when i try update it still shows up with 2.4. Seeme like they removed older versions from the server. So where's DJI? Why no response? I neede my shutter now

EDIT: When I flip the mapped Futaba switch there is response in Dji assistant

2015-1-25
Use props
DJI support
lvl.4

China

Hi torsir,
For the GH4 shutter problem, please move the AUX1  switch to  off, check if this help under D-bus way of connetion.
And the normal receiver way of connection, namely one to one instead of D-bus can help.

Hi kansas_ed.email,
Are you using the LB or AVL58 ?
A video of failure would help me find out your problem soon.
Could you upload a video?
2015-1-26
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI support Posted at 2015-1-26 18:32
Hi torsir,
For the GH4 shutter problem, please move the AUX1  switch to  off, check if this help und ...

Ok, i will try later today...Thanks
2015-1-26
Use props
kansas_ed.email
New

United States

here are the two links for the S800 EVO
Gimbal Movement -
Software versions -
2015-1-26
Use props
kansas_ed.email
New

United States

Links for the S900
Gimbal Movement -
Software Versions -
2015-1-26
Use props
rmoura.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4017802 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I have the same problem in my  Z15 . I update before yesterday and the gimbal lost the conection with the A2. In the A2 all the channels appear working but the gimbal do not respond anymore. I tryed do downgrade as well but It not works. I followed the same steps than kansas_ed but my gimbal still dead.

DJI, we need your help!!!!
2015-1-26
Use props
kansas_ed.email
New

United States

This really is unacceptable. Isn't there anybody at DJI within 6 hours of my timezone (-6) that can help with this. Or do I really have to stay up all night. Ugh!!
2015-1-26
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

kansas_ed.email Posted at 2015-1-26 21:30
here are the two links for the S800 EVO
Gimbal Movement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjILDeDTe9 ...

there's no receiver connect to GCU? If so, the gimbal will face down on that condition.
2015-1-27
Use props
rmoura.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4017802 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

How to downgrade the firmware? It´s working fine before the update.
2015-1-27
Use props
kansas_ed.email
New

United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-27 18:18
there's no receiver connect to GCU? If so, the gimbal will face down on that condition.

hhmmmm.... are you sure about that, the manual page 20 says:

- The gimbal will work in Orientation locked Mode if not connect to MODE.
- Gimbal default works in FPV Mode after power on.

Either case, on these, it makes no difference if a radio is connected, they act the same.

I'm looking for DJI to tell me which A2 firmware version is compatible with which Z15 firmware versions. Or which two are not compatible.
2015-1-27
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

Got mail from DJI Europe today:
Please try to upgrade several times to see if it will update properly. If this does not hepl, please, un install the latest assistant software with a previous one and then do the updates again. That will downgrade the firmware.
I did this, but no changes. I also tried the V1.2 Zenmuse assistant, but it always comes up with V2.4 when i refresh update. It´s about time they fix this firmware.
2015-1-28
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

kansas_ed.email Posted at 2015-1-27 20:36
hhmmmm.... are you sure about that, the manual page 20 says:

- The gimbal will work in Orientati ...

The latest GCU version is compatible with A2 2.4.
I saw the channels are all in mid in your software. Does your GCU CAN cable connect to CAN#2 of A2?
2015-1-28
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

torsir Posted at 2015-1-26 15:56
Same problem with Z15-Gh4. My gimbal was working fine before the update. Gimbal setup is singel oper ...

So the 'SHUT' channel has the reflection of your RC but the GH4 not shutting?
2015-1-28
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

where is the new update to solve these problems since beginning of December and January. everybody suggest to downgrade in the GCU 1.8 and new A2 2.4(2.6)
looks like that the professionals are not imported for DJI anymore :@
2015-1-29
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Really sorry for the delay and the trouble we caused you
We are putting the firmware update through final testing, new update will be released next week!
Apologize to all of you again.
2015-1-29
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-1-30 11:22
Really sorry for the delay and the trouble we caused you
We are putting the firmware update throug ...

2015-1-30
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hopefully it will come
2015-1-30
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

ducpeter Posted at 2015-1-30 18:56
hopefully it will come

Still wating...
2015-2-5
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

time is running

tick tick tick tick
2015-2-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

New GH4 firmware released on 4th Feb.
The latest GCU version is 2.4.
2015-2-5
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-6 11:09
New GH4 firmware released on 4th Feb.
The latest GCU version is 2.4.

So the firmware is released with same number  but fixed? Just downloaded a fresh copy of Assistant 1.4 and did a uprade of IMU and GCU, still no shutter
2015-2-6
Use props
gabycambeiro.ho
lvl.1
Argentina

Buenas tardes
Tengo el mismo problema que ustedes.
Tengo A2 controladora zenmuse Z15 GH2 Actualice las dos y ahnora el zenmuse Z15 no toma la radio  que no funciona.
Por favor necesito una respuesta para saber que hacer.
Llevo mucho dinero invertido en productos DJI, esto no puedo pasar.
Espero una solución.
Muchas gracias
2015-2-14
Use props
stpfl.gmx
lvl.2

Austria

i can't see any upgrade frome 4th feb.?
2015-2-16
Use props
terry
New
Flight distance : 40528 ft
Australia

please help. similar thing just happened to me. downloaded the 1.4 version to my gimbal and now i have a limp gimbal. no motor response, nothing, tried updating again but still nothing. I do have a picture on my monitor coming through my avl 58 though.
2015-2-16
Use props
terry
New
Flight distance : 40528 ft
Australia

so i managed to re install 1.2 but now my gimbal is stuck pointing downwards. still no gimbal control through my rc controller.
2015-2-16
Use props
smartaerials
New

Spain

So anybody using S900 with Z15gh4, whats the veredict, full DJI gear,does it need messing around with or does it work??
2015-2-18
Use props
bikepope
lvl.1

Switzerland

It's a shame DJI doesn't fix this. We have a full set of DJI equipment incl. Dropsafe. It's useless until we can control the gimbal gain. Brock after update and DJI Support didn't help at all.
Does DJI care about the professionals anymore? We spend thousands of dollars for equipment and they are not able to do a quality check and testing on new software.  Why don’t they release a beta version with the chance to downgrade again?
2015-3-3
Use props
PhotoLogic-Sigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909078 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today, DJI Service phone support put me on hold to consult with a DJI Repair person to discover new A2 Firmware update will work with Zenmuse Z15-N for NEX7 gimbal if you use CAN 1 port instead of CAN 2 port. I have yet to try it.
2015-5-22
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Same problem with mine. New firmware DJI A2 en new CGU Zenmuse one doesn't work together ?????
I had downgraded the A2 one, but I can't do it for the CGU any proposition to do it for a Zenmuse Z15-Nex7 ??????
2015-6-10
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

How should I downgrade my Zenmuse CGU please mister DJI ???
2015-6-10
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-6-11 05:21
How should I downgrade my Zenmuse CGU please mister DJI ???

Hi, gershphoto, can you specify your problem? Here discuss several problems, I can't confirm which problem you are meeting.
2015-6-11
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

I have resolved it to night... and for peoble with the same problem, just need to found a cordon can-bus n1 DJI to put between  Zenmuse CGU modul and PMU one. After a good mapping. In this case you do not have to put any cordon between A2 and Zenmuse CGU
[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=http://www.servimg.com/view/12177236/879%5D[/url][/img]
2015-6-11
Use props
eduarte
New

United States

Hey got a problem. Brand new Z15-GH4 and this is what it is doing. Also the PWM is not being detected in the Zenmuse Assistant at all. I have 3 Channel mapped out of F2 F3 F4 from A2 I also have tried just a normal Futaba RX and nothing. S-Bus works but still have no control over gimbal. I have Updated all firmware to the most recent to try and fix with no success.

2015-6-14
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

eduarte@thrust- Posted at 2015-6-14 16:30
Hey got a problem. Brand new Z15-GH4 and this is what it is doing. Also the PWM is not being detect ...

Hi, have you fasten the gimbal screw tight enough?
2. Is the gimbal mode channel connected to A2 F port?
3. What's the gimbal's firmware now?
2015-6-15
Use props
cpaggia
lvl.1

Italy

After upgrade de GCU firmware I met same problem for Z15 gimbal: doesn't work and point straight down.
I' tried update firmware some times but nothing changed. If I change the can bus plug from #2 to #1 (with a cordon can bus n1 DJI) but gimbal move by itself with no response from remote controller.
Before upgrade zenmuse GCU firmware all system worked fine (same situation of other  people)
My configuration is: S900, A2, LB, Z15 for sony nex5-7, iosd markII
Please help!
2015-7-23
Use props
cpaggia
lvl.1

Italy

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-6-12 06:17
I have resolved it to night... and for peoble with the same problem, just need to found a cordon can ...

Hi gersphoto.orang
could you please post some photos or something else about your wire connection between A2 and GCU?
I've same problem you had after Z15 frimware upgrade but i'm not able to resolve it by now
thanks
claudio
2015-7-23
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

cpaggia Posted at 2015-7-24 04:09
After upgrade de GCU firmware I met same problem for Z15 gimbal: doesn't work and point straight dow ...

Hi, we have already replied your mail in the Zendesk. Please try the suggestion we offer and feel free to contact us if your problem still exists.
2015-7-27
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

cpaggia Posted at 2015-7-24 04:12
Hi gersphoto.orang
could you please post some photos or something else about your wire connection  ...

云台接到CAN2口.jpg
2015-7-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules